Director of Finance
Company: Psionic, LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Born at NASA and invented in space, Psionics sensors are a proven
technology with competitive advantages in space exploration,
autonomous vehicles and a broad range of defense applications. We
have clients in the commercial and government sectors and are
looking for a Finance Director to guide us through our next growth
stage. --Join our team of high performing individuals.
Headquartered in Hampton, Virginia, Psionic also has operations in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.-- We offer a competitive salary and an
attractive benefits package.-- Job DescriptionThe Director of
Finance will have primary day-to-day, hands on, responsibility for
Treasury, Risk Management, and Financial Analysis related
activities of the company.-- They will work closely with the CFO to
define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed
in moving the company from an entrepreneur /start up environment to
an environment that can support substantial growth over the next 2
- 5 years.-- Responsibilities:--
- Manage the equity administration function in partnership with
external attorneys and CEO. Tasks include cap table maintenance,
waterfall analysis, vesting schedules, contract management, equity
compensation plans, and communications.
- Manage the treasury function including sourcing from investor,
banking and other relations.
- Lead the risk management function which includes securing
appropriate level of business insurance to support contracts as
well as overall compliance management of export controls such as
ITAR and EAR including badge requirements.
- Prepare integrated financial pro-formas and analysis for
- Manage the companys tax strategy with third party tax
- Review financial performance reports from Accounting operations
and prepare monthly reporting analysis with suggestions for ROI
improvement.-- Work with Accounting to prepare financial
performance reports and analysis timely and accurately.-- Present
to external stakeholders.
- Support the CEO and market leaders with contract development,
pricing reviews and special projects.
- Preform financial analysis utilizing knowledge of compliance
regulations to recommend fiscal changes and measures
- Lead strategic decisions to grow and restructure the business,
establish strategic partnerships, and/or achieve organizational
- Lead the negotiation of transaction terms and conditions. Lead,
jointly with our Legal team, the structuring and negotiation of
- Lead due diligence efforts with cross-functional teams for
investments and acquisitions
- Manage constructing, analyzing and executing potential
strategic growth initiatives across the board
- Supports business units and senior leadership with strategic
licensing and managing strategic stakeholders
- Leads various analyses including, but not limited, to
- Performs sensitivity, scenario and what-if analysis, as well as
analyzes the financial impact of changes in business and new
- Partners with senior and executive management on ad hoc
analyses, special projects and Board of Director meeting
- BS in Accounting or Finance is required, and MBA is highly
- Minimum of 8-10 years of corporate or small business leadership
- Experience with cash sourcing, federal tax strategies and
complex equity structures required.
- Experience in rate development and contract experience in a
federal government contract setting is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with limited direction in a fast-paced
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Self-starter and innovator who can set up new systems and
- Proven proficiency in Quick Books and Microsoft Office with
advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.Psionic, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This position requires access to
export-controlledtechnology or software source code and the
position is subject to U.S. export control laws.
Keywords: Psionic, LLC, Hampton , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!