Company: Blue Ridge Bank NA
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. is a multi-state bank holding company
that is the parent company of Blue Ridge Bank, N.A., a
client-centered financial services company offering commercial
banking services throughout Virginia and North Carolina. Blue Ridge
Bank currently has over 500 employees with a desire to build an
even larger, stronger team. Blue Ridge Bank's mission is to create
financial value and opportunity for our shareholders, customers,
employees, and communities by providing evolving, flexible, and
customized solutions for the needs of our clients.And, to have fun
while doing it. We strive to be more than your average community
bank. We focus on meaningful growth with positive financial
results. We want our products and services to improve the quality
of life for our customers. Our core values are to act with
integrity, to serve others, to commit to success, celebrate
achievements, and to enjoy every day.Position Title: Wealth
Reports To: President & CEO of Financial Group Inc.Work Locations:
Kilmarnock, VAFLSA Status: ExemptRemote Capabilities: SomeNumber of
Openings: 1Position Purpose:Under limited supervision, meet with
customers to determine financial planning goals for the future, to
include Estate planning, Investment planning and/or Insurance
planning. Develop and implement a financial plan that will best
suit each customer. Adhere to established standards of conduct,
bank policies, procedures and regulations. Create business and
sales opportunities for the bank through active referrals.
Securities offered through LPL Financial Services, Member
FINRA/SIPC .Position Responsibilities:
- Ability to listen to a customer's needs and assess what risk
tolerance they may tolerate.
- Conduct seminars to educate and inform co-workers and the
community regarding various financial topics.
- Develop professional relationships with other financial
advisors, accountants, CPA's, and attorney's for referrals to and
from the program.
- Supervise the Investment Advantage staff and function. Conduct
applicant interviews within the department and perform employee
performance evaluations, to include job review, coaching,
counseling, training and evaluating.
- Lead staff to successful work performance by providing
opportunities for achievement and recognition for their efforts.
Inspire commitment and develop a team.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are observed and that
training is both current and ongoing for new and existing
- Maintain an open line of communication. Keep staff and
co-workers informed to increase cooperation, avoid conflict and
eliminate "surprise" situations.
- Exercise discretion and make sound decisions by reasoning
through problems, reviewing alternative solutions and modifying
decisions when necessary. Delegate decision making to the
appropriate staff when applicable.
- Operate efficiently by effectively working within established
specifications, budgets and deadlines to ensure quality and cost
- Provide support by assisting co-workers and other departments
and Bay Trust Company with customer needs and requests.
- Represent the Company and provide leadership in key community
activities including business, charitable and social
- Other duties as assigned.
- Create value for the bank and its employees.
- Be a good teammate.
- Live our core values.Education:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in finance, accounting law, or
related business field
- Must have the required state licenses for the selling of Life
and Health Insurance, and Annuities.
- Must pass the Series 7 and Series 63 exams.
- The Series 65 exam and certification of CLU, CLFC and CFP
desired, but not required.Skills:
- Must have the ability to recognize the customer needs and to
develop opportunities to recommend products and/or services.
- Knowledge of compliance with all state and federal laws
concerning financial planning, as well as banking functions,
policies and procedures.
- Exhibit strong managerial and leadership skills, to include,
but not limited to, imagination, vision, initiative and
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of compliance with
all state and federal laws concerning financial planning, as well
as banking functions, policies and procedures.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, good
interpersonal and supervisory skills, and the ability to
effectively interact with senior management, Board of Directors,
employees, co-workers and customers on a consistent basis.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented individual.
- Knowledge of computers relevant to Microsoft Office Suites
(e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) and industry related software.
- Ability to learn bank programmed software.
- Ability to work all branch hours, remote or in office,
including weekend and evenings.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, general business correspondence, and/or journals, or
- Ability to deal directly with the public, on the phone or face
to face, following the Bank's Customer Service Standards.Preferred
- Medical Health Care Plans: Blue Ridge Bank contributes up to
$525.00 dollars towards the cost sharing of the Health Care
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave Time (PLT)
- Bereavement Leave
- Observed Legal Holidays: 10 Federal Holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- FMLA Leave
- Parental Leave
- Continuing Education Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramLegal Disclaimer:It is the policy
of the Blue Ridge Bank that all aspects of human resource
management be conducted without regard to race (or traits
historically associated with race including hair texture, hair
type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists);
sex; color; national origin; religion; sexual orientation; gender
identity or expression; age; veteran status; political affiliation;
disability; genetic information; and pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions.Blue Ridge Bank provides reasonable
accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process should follow the instructions in the job
opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring
process, applicants should contact the Blue Ridge Bank Human
Resources Department directly at HR@mybrb.bank. Determinations on
requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a
Keywords: Blue Ridge Bank NA, Hampton , Wealth Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Kilmarnock, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!