EHS Engineer Health & Safety
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionHowmet Aerospace's Hampton, VA facility has an
opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer (EHS) -
Health and Safety Focus. Our Company's environmental, health, and
safety values along with our leadership's commitment provide the
successful candidate an excellent environment to work and deliver
results. This position is a key member of the location's EHS
Team.Howmet is a world leader in the investment casting industry
and is a leading supplier of super-alloys, aluminum, and titanium
components for aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation
applications. Our Hampton location is in the midst of the rapid
growth in the turbine industry and key valued supplier in the
aerospace industry.Essential Job Responsibilities but not limited
- Maintain a culture that is aligned with Howmet's EHS goals and
objectives, with continuous EHS improvements.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead and motivate plant personnel to
achieve EHS goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Environmental,
Health and Safety programs and activities to achieve, maintain, and
exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as
well as comply with Howmet policies, standards, and
- Develop and execute management systems designed to ensure the
plant is in compliance with all Howmet and governmental
- Maintain all records and documents as necessary.
- Manage and deliver EHS compliance training.
- Manage and/or perform hands-on monitoring and measurement.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret EHS regulations and
standards and other technical reports and data.
- Coordinate safety-related activities detecting and monitoring
plant conditions that may adversely affect the safety and health of
employees and/or violate applicable laws
- Recommends corrective measures; completes plant audits and
program assessments and prepares written reports on findings;
participates in incident investigations to determine the "root
cause" and ensure the implementation of appropriate changes to
prevent future occurrences and conducts employee training
- Must interface with all levels of the organization and external
agencies, vendors and contacts.Preferred Skills
- Training and/or education in computer systems including
word-processing, spreadsheets, and technical applications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, 3-5 years of
environmental, health or safety experience in a manufacturing
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Hampton , EHS Engineer Health & Safety, Engineering , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!