Company: Rocket Lab
Location: Wallops Island
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our
mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There
are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better
access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket
Lab. Our team is 1,100 people strong and we're adding to it every
week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and
everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made
quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Rocket Lab USA Is Seeking a Composite Technician.
About the role:
As a Composite Technician manufacturing the Neutron Launch vehicle,
your role will be focusing on, but not limited to, working on
pressurized Tanks, fairings, Cored and monolithic structures of
both the S2 and S1 components of the launch vehicle.
This role requires a wide knowledge of composite manufacturing
techniques, product knowledge, and openness to trialingnew and
exploratory methods of the building during the initial phase of
neutron fabrication and assembly.
- Pressurized tanks, fairings and structures
- Trimming fitting and bonding of composite components.
- Assembly of metallic components into Carbon composite
- Fitting of Honeycomb, foam and syntactic core
- Fitting and refurbishment of thermal protection
- Vacuum bagging, curing and processing in out of autoclave and
- Working at heights (appropriate training and a safe environment
will be provided)
- Integration of mechanical hardware
- Perform other standard composite and integration building
techniques and practices as industries such as aerospace, space and
other composite workplaces demand.
- You may be requested to work on other products for Rocket lab
in the Local area or travel as required
- Support Testing campaigns by the means of manufacture, supply
and conducting tests
- Support test teams as required in Qual unit testing and
Acceptance testing of components of the launch vehicle and
- Develop form SOP's, work instructions and autonomously as
required utilizing best practices.
- Accurately capture fit out procedures and documentation
aligning with Rocket Lab standards
- Ensure all modifications, deviations and updates are accurately
tracked during initial phases of product development
- Follow Work instructions accurately during the production phase
Skills & Experience:
- Top tier, advanced Prepreg manufacturing knowledge
- Experienced in Core bond and Splicing
- Resin infusion knowledge
- Broad Industry manufacturing experience from previous
- Basic I.T. skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
- 5+ years of industry experience
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations,
applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US
Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with
Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
Keywords: Rocket Lab, Hampton , Composite Technician, Engineering , Wallops Island, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!