Company: The Staffing Resource Group Inc
Location: Wallops Island
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Flight Engineer / Aircraft Mechanic III
Location: Wallops Island, VA
Industry: Department of Defense
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience supporting NASA or DoD contracts
- Requires Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and
Powerplant certification with Flight Engineer certification in
turbo propeller powered aircraft. OR FAA A&P certification with
four years of active-duty military experience as a mechanic on a
P-3 Orion aircraft operated under USC Title 10 or C-130 Hercules
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
within the field required.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government
Security Clearance Essential Functions
- Perform maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, mechanical
systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Repair, inspect and maintain structural, mechanical, and
electrical elements of the aircraft.
- Knowledgeable in the use of and be able to train others in the
use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand, and
- Provide oversight and can direct and train others in the
completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and
established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or
unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on
a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day
to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety
violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work
performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic III may be required to perform other
related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Keyword search string: Aircraft, Maintenance, AP Mechanic, Airframe
and Power Plant, Clearance, DoD, Electrical, Aerospace, Engineer,
Engineering, Sheet Metal,
SRG Government Services is a leading provider of information
technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence
analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense,
homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets.
SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent
that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a
cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match
professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary
database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous
contact with our qualified talent.
Keywords: The Staffing Resource Group Inc, Hampton , Flight Engineer, Engineering , Wallops Island, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...