Aerospace Concepts Engineer
Company: Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc.
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, Virginia, AMA also has operations in Huntsville (Alabama), Dallas (Texas), Denver (Colorado), Mountain View (California), and Houston (Texas). We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, short/long term disability plans, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees. Job Description We are looking to add five motivated and talented aerospace engineer to our onsite team supporting NASA Langley Research Center. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in spacecraft systems, orbital mechanics, and mission design and will work well within a fast-paced, team environment. This role will have a significant focus on software development to support a wide variety of spacecraft and mission design activities with the Space Mission Analysis Branch at NASA Langley. The candidate must be capable of working in a highly dynamic environment and be able to interface with customers both internal and external to the branch.As a member of AMA's engineering team, specific areas of support may include, but not be limited to:
- Software development to assist with both maintenance of existing tools and new tool creation
- STK simulation (or other analysis tools) of space missions to support various project analysis and review
- Mission design and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development
- Development of system requirements for spacecraft design
- Conceptual design and sizing of spacecraft systems including: structures, power, thermal, propulsion, and guidance, navigation and control (GN&C)
- Assessment mission concepts at various stages of the flight project lifecycle Requirements
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering or related fields with 2+ years industry experience or applicable graduate work. B.S. in Aerospace Engineering will be considered with more relevant experience.
- Strong background in space mission design and/or spacecraft systems
- Experience with flight hardware and/or spacecraft subsystem components is a plus
- Proficiency with VBA and Matlab is required
- Comfortable working with legacy software systems
- Experience with STK
- Experience with C# and Simulink is a plus
- Strong communications and writing skills
- US citizenship is required AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position. - provided by Dice C# and Simulink is a plus, Proficiency with VBA and Matlab is required, and Experience with STK
Keywords: Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., Hampton , Aerospace Concepts Engineer, Engineering , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!