Loan Operations Manager
Company: Old Point National Bank
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Responsible for overall management, oversight of service quality,
efficiency, and accuracy, of daily activities and operations of
consumer and commercial loan servicing and loan administration.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of workflows for all
stages of document preparation, closing, file documentation, and
- Ensures daily operations are conducted timely, efficiently,
accurately and competently.
- Designs and administers systems and procedures to ensure accurate
and timely processing. Communicates with bank department managers
to promote efficient and correct workflows.
- Oversees loan file structure and documentation processing
- Maintains and demonstrates proficiency with loan software
applications, including utilizing to the fullest capacity,
streamlining processes and procedures, and ensuring accuracy and
- Ensures effective communication and excellent service of the
department to staff, vendors, and customers. Sets the positive and
productive tone for the department.
- Works with project owners to analyze, prepare, and train for
periodic updates to system software, and verify that enhancements
are working correctly.
- Prepares and provides applicable reports to staff and
- Oversees the supervision of loan document preparation to ensure
all loans are being processed in a timely and proper manner and are
processed under established regulations and bank policies and
- Supervises the process of maintaining mortgage warehouse line
notes and Allonges.
- Supervises the process collateral review of mortgage loans being
purchased by the bank.
- Oversees and ensures the training and development of staff to
ensure bank policies and procedures are being followed and most
efficient methods are being utilized.
- Reviews new regulations, policies, and procedures and ensures
they are implemented.
- Accountable for the understanding of and adherence to operational
controls, policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance
with bank policies and related laws and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting sensitively,
effectively, and professionally with persons from diverse cultural,
socioeconomic, educational, racial, ethnic and professional
backgrounds, and persons of all ages and lifestyle preferences
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities):
- Knowledge of consumer, commercial, and mortgage loan processing
- Knowledge of TRID, HMDA, SOX, BSA/AML, escrow, open-end credit,
flood, Reg B, and online payments processes and compliance from
inception through completion.
- Strong working knowledge of commercial and consumer loan
underwriting disciplines, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel with the
ability to learn other software applications.
- Skill in adopting technological advancements and facilitating
into current and future responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to
distill and convey information in a compelling manner.
- Skill in analyzing situations and applying critical thinking in
order to resolve problems and decide on courses of action.
- Great organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple
tasks and detail-oriented duties.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and constructive working
relationships, partnerships or networks of contacts with people who
are, or might someday be, instrumental in achieving work-related
- Ability to develop plans and coordinate the implementation of
tasks and goals on time and within budget; communicate changes and
- Ability to plan and manage individual and team work flows through
effective utilization of time and other resources to accomplish
- Ability to recognize situations that warrant initiative and moves
forward without hesitation; reasonably resolves issues, problems,
or situations. Develops and manages project budgets, schedules, and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance (or related field) or
equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 8- 10 years in leading/managing Financial Institution
loan operations (commercial real estate, construction, commercial
loans, consumer loans, residential mortgages).
- Online Lending processing experience.
Keywords: Old Point National Bank, Hampton , Loan Operations Manager, Executive , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!