Assistant General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Hampton Coliseum
Company: Newport Hospitality Group
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Position: Assistant General ManagerReports to: General
ManagerSupervises: Front Desk/Housekeeping/Food & BeveragePosition
Summary:The Assistant General Manager is a high level, hands on
management roll responsible for maintaining profitability, showing
high level of service, ensure guest expectations are exceeded while
managing and overseeing the front desk, housekeeping, food and
beverage departments. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing
individual who is able to multitask, have a flexible schedule, hold
high level of standards and expectations, create a positive
environment with all team members along with all administrative
responsibilities, shift coverages and assists the General Manager
with other designated duties. FOSSE experience preferred.Specific
- Interviews, selects, and trains staff members for all
departments, including on-going orientation and development of each
associate to brand standards and NHG guidelines.
- Ability to cover shifts in all departments based on occupancy
levels and needs as well as when call outs occur.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports and tasks.
- Conduct daily guest room inspections for cleanliness and
- Assist guests with any special requests and problem resolutions
that may arise.
- Answering reviews and customer care issues within 24
- Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved
product through associate development, job engineering and quality
- Maintain departmental communication through the effective use
of staff meetings, logbooks and bulletin boards.
- Participate actively in all aspects of the Manager on Duty
- Complete multiple property walks each day; fix specific issues
as they arise/communicate to specific departments if needed.
- Ensure daily deposits are completed and delivered to the bank
on a weekly basis.
- Collect and manage all invoices, AR and other accounting duties
- Ensure compliance with BSA and Internal Audit
- Maintain records of all training programs and work with
corporate trainer to set consistent and effective training
- Manage the Reservation function to maintain highest possible
room occupancy and average daily room rate through suggestive
selling by associates. - Introduce and manage any NHG
- Train all staff on how to deal with emergency situations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual hotel budgets including
Room Revenue Forecast and Front Office Expense Plans.
- Manage in compliance with Local, State and Federal laws and
- Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, guest security and
- Record and process workman's comp claims as needed.
- Record and process all incident reports as needed.
- Assist General Manager with additional duties as
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of time; walking to
a significant degree.
- Requires ability to move fingers and hands easily and
- Must have ability to communicate both orally and in writing to
guests and all team members.
- Requires ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends
- Must have valid driver's license and means of transportation to
run errands as needed.Essential Skills:
- Requires familiarity with applicable front desk, housekeeping,
food & beverage standards and procedures.
- Must possess knowledge of hotel interdepartmental relationships
as well as all operations pertaining to all department and their
- Must possess management/supervisory knowledge, skills, and
ability to handle/resolve guest complaints.
- Requires ability to communicate positively with guests and
co-workers and to professionally represent the property.
- Requires a high degree of social skills and ability to perform
work under pressure.Educational/Vocational Preparation:
- Associate's degree in Hotel/Restaurant management or business:
however, ability gained through 2+ years previous hotel management
experience/on-the-job training may substitute for degree.
- Previous hotel supervisory experience is required.
- Marriott experience preferred, but not requiredStandards set by
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established
by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in
the NHG Employee Handbook.
- Perform required tasks, including, but not limited to, those
contained in the Minimum Performance
Keywords: Newport Hospitality Group, Hampton , Assistant General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Hampton Coliseum, Executive , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!