Task Force Director of Sales & Marketing - IHG Brands
Company: Real Hospitality Group
Location: Ocean City
Posted on: November 17, 2021
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Corporate Regional Sales
DirectorSUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Sales Managers, Catering Sales
Managers, Sales CoordinatorsBenefits/Perks of Working With Us:Upon
joining Real Hospitality Group, associates are offered competitive
compensation, career growth opportunities, flexible access to
wages, holiday, sick and vacation pay, health, dental and vision
insurance, employer paid life, accidental death, and dismemberment
insurance, an employee assistance program, a 401k, and many
associate discount options.Purpose for the Position: The Director
of Sales and Marketing will supervise the overall sales effort of
the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing
accounts, rate and inventory management, TPI management,
supervision of sales related personnel, implementation of sales and
marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while
maintaining guest and associate satisfaction.The Director of Sales
and Marketing Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Supervises assigned sales staff: hiring, terminations,
disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
- Qualifies all prospective leads.
- Participates and leads the rate and inventory initiatives,
including but not limited to participating in franchise revenue
- Oversees all hotel and franchise field marketing initiatives.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts
in order to produce groups and/or convention business, to include
Guest room, meeting space, services and Catering/Banquet sales for
both the group and transient markets.
- Buys and places all hotel advertising within the guidelines and
budgetary requirements as stated in the annual marketing plan and
- Attends all high profile events hosted in the hotel.
- Attends civic meetings ensuring a positive rapport and
relationships with area decision and opinion leaders including but
not limited to, local chamber, convention and visitors bureau,
rotary, et al.
- Schedules group rooms, conventions and business group
activities at the hotel.
- Maintains liaison with other departments to facilitate services
agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Assists the General Manager in the creation and update of the
hotel's marketing plan and budget.
- Formulates and executes projects for all market areas as stated
in the marketing plan.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets.
- Maintains good rapport with area business leaders and local
civic groups and companies.
- Enforces sales related policies and procedures.
- Ensures sales activities meet or surpass profit plan.
- Develops and maintains client files.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies.
- Works with the Convention and Visitors Bureau to control dates,
availability and rates.
- Approves function space allocation for group catering and
- Develops and maintains relationships with media contacts in
order to maintain public relations effort.
- Stays abreast of competition and industry developments.
- Increase market share based on disruptive innovation and
- Prepares reports as outlined including, but not limited to
Productivity Report, Weekly Plan, Sales Call Reports, Market Share
Analysis and Forecasts.
- Work closely with Food and Beverage and Rooms Divisions to
ensure above average service levels.
- Conducts weekly sales meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Attends and present data, as requested at all meetings with
management company and ownership groups for the hotel.
- Interviews, hires, trains and evaluates all sales personnel as
- Completes projects as determined by the General Manager.To do
this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
- Create new ways of presenting information that will attract
- Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Frequently change from one activity to another.
- Understand how different kinds of people react to words,
pictures and color.
- Work with all kinds of people.Physical Demands: Lifting 20 lbs.
maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing
up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree,
talking, hearing.Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from
weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A
job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75%
or more of the time inside.Math Skills: Requires mathematical
development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest,
profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price.Language
Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able
to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write
business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and
conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a
variety of subjects.Relationships to Data, People and Things:Data:
Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations
or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing
determination and/or reporting on events.People: Negotiating:
Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to
formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions,
conclusions or solutions.Things: Handling: Using body members, hand
tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or
materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard
to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools,
objects or materials.Specific Educational Requirements: Four-year
degree at an accredited institution of higher education or
equivalent industry experience.(ref. 59811)
Keywords: Real Hospitality Group, Hampton , Task Force Director of Sales & Marketing - IHG Brands, Executive , Ocean City, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!