Activities Director - Lancashire Nursing & Rehabil
Company: Virginia Health Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionVirginia Health Services is in search of an
Activities Director to join our dedicated team here at our
Lancashire Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, located in Kilmarnock,
VA!The Activities Director has the following responsibilities:
- Encouraging and facilitating individual activity
- Planning and encouraging social interaction through individual
and group activities.
- Coordinating and providing one to one visitation for those
residents in need.
- Maintaining complete records of resident activities.
- Supervising volunteer activity.
- Driving company bus for resident outings.
- Helping prepare newsletter, calendars, photo albums, etc. as
- Committee responsibilities as assigned.
- Performing other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Prefer two years experience in a social or recreational program
within the last five years
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
- Computer knowledge and typing skills.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 25 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and hazardous
materials.Why join Virginia Health Services? Locally owned and
headquartered in Newport News, Virginia since 1963, Virginia Health
Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services.
Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to the well-being
and quality care of our residents.A career with Virginia Health
Services means you'll be part of a collaborative Team whose
dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We believe in
quality of life and want to help you live your best life
too!Recognizing you have many options; Virginia Health Services is
committed to investing in its Team members and offers the following
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center
to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of
our team!Learn more about us at: http://www.vahs.comVirginia Health
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability or veteran status. We are a drug free
workplace.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans with
Keywords: Virginia Health Services, Hampton , Activities Director - Lancashire Nursing & Rehabil, Executive , Kilmarnock, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!