Medical Director - Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
Company: Palm Health Resources
Location: Ocean City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Psychiatry-Child/Adolescent opening in Ocean City, Maryland.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
We are seeking a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist
to lead our child & adolescent (C&A) inpatient acute care and
partial hospitalization behavioral health services! This position
is both an administrative and clinical position!
Seeking a full-time positive, flexible and teamwork driven
psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services and administrative
support to a brand new C&A inpatient acute care unit. In
addition, this position would have oversight of a soon to be
established adolescent partial hospitalization program – as well as
oversight of the C&A psychiatric consult program in the
emergency department. The C&A inpatient unit is expected to be
completed and operational by summer of 2021! This an exciting
opportunity for the right candidate to be in a leadership role to
support operational & programmatic development of this important
The unit(s) will be located within our beautiful hospital campus
and is part of a robust and growing service line encompassing adult
inpatient services, adult partial hospitalization services and 24/7
behavioral health services in the emergency department. This
position offers the candidate loan forgiveness and the opportunity
to be part of an expanding multidisciplinary team that focuses on
service excellence and patient-centered care.
Our facility is located in a booming and growing college town
located within 30 minutes of beautiful east coast beaches. The
metropolitan cities of Washington DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia
are all within a 2-hour drive!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Round daily on established caseload on inpatient unit.
- Oversee and assist with the partial hospitalization program as
- Provide stabilization, medication management and supportive
therapy to the patient.
- Coordinate with the patient's multi-disciplinary team, to
include but not limited to, psychiatric pharmacist, social workers,
music, art and recreational therapists, RN's and psychiatric
- Lead daily treatment team meetings to coordinate patient
- Participate in family/support and discharge sessions as
available and clinically relevant.
- Adhere to the service line's policies regarding treatment
protocols, documentation and productivity targets. Actively work
with the program director to update and/or create policies and
processes to improve unit(s) performance.
- Oversee and create C&A provider staffing and call
- Participate in on-call responsibilities as needed
- Attend Department of Psychiatry meeting.
- Represent C&A Behavioral Health at medical staff and
- Current license to practice in Maryland at the time of
- Board certification in child and adolescent psychiatry and
active DEA license
- Minimum of 8 years in the management and direction of clinical
programs for the child and adolescent population. Experience in
developing and operating a new C&A unit highly
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship-building
- Experience working with an electronic medical record system –
- Ability to meet all deadlines, respond promptly and
professionally to organizational and clinical issues and manage
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
child psychiatry jobs
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, Hampton , Medical Director - Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Executive , Ocean City, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!