Company: Zel Technologies LLC
Posted on: November 11, 2019
HamptonZelTech is a veteran and minority owned professional
services and information technology solutions business dedicated to
bolstering US national security. We deliver expert advice, critical
technologies and cost-effective solutions to help customers gather
essential knowledge, collaborate efficiently, decide quickly and
act decisively. Our staff includes experienced operational
specialists, analysts, engineers, scientists, and program managers.
ZelTech Team members and employees have the opportunity to connect
with each other in a work environment of cutting-edge technology
that is characterized by a strong sense of caring, community and
mutual respect. We are committed to providing our employees with a
comprehensive variety of elective benefits to include, but not
limited to: Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending
Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Basic Life and AD&D
Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Holidays and Paid
Time Off, 401(K) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Referral
and Merit Bonuses, Computer Purchase Program, and Education
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Job Summary:The position is located in Hampton, Virginia supporting
the Corporate in the function of contract administration. Overall
administration of contracts/subcontracts, Government and
commercial, for the organization. Cost proposal development and
on-going pricing of quotes and current contract extensions and/or
additions. Responsible for establishing all contracts in Deltek
Costpoint and maintain all contractual data on company Program
- Essential Job Functions:
- Overall responsibility for company contract files- establish
files for newly assigned contracts as awarded; included in each a
log of modifications and funding from award through close out.
- Assign direct charge codes for all new contract and task awards
to include addition of new charge codes when necessary. Enter all
data in CostPoint and NAV.
- Ensure all contractual data is uploaded to sites timely and
periodically review for compliancy. To include modifications as
received and pertinent correspondence.
- Advise Subcontracts Administrator if contract mods impact
- Maintain applicable contract data in CostPoint and NAV.
- Responsbile for setting employees up under T&M contracts
and making sure they are mapped to the correct labor category upon
hiring, contract start, option year renewal, reassignment by PM,
etc., and hours ceilings are set so monthly invoices are
- Primary developer of all cost proposals and applicable
management/business administrative proposals for bids and on-going
pricing proposals for in-house contract extensions and/or
- Extensive proposal work with BDV and proposal managers.
Attendance at proposal kickoff meetings.
- Overall responsibility for company proposal files. Ensure
pricing process is followed and all applicable pricing backup is
available for audit. Maintain file through contract award or
notification of loss.
- Prepare applicable contract correspondence to include 75%/85%
limitation of funding letters.
- Monthly reivew of all contract invoices prior to submission to
- Monitor contracts for cost expenditures.
- Interface with contracting officials to request modifications,
funding, increase in contract value, etc.
- Overall responsibity for updating and keeping current the
active/inactive contract listing, as well as uploading to the
portal prior to monthly billing process.
- Maintain and assign Bid and Proposal (B&P) and Independent
Research & Development (IR&D) numbers.
- Sign all Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and Teaming
Agreements (TAs) from other companies for possible teaming
- Responsible for annual Manpower reporting and any other any
specific contractual reporting, i.e. OASIS contracts require
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly GSA Schedule sales reporting
and fee payments.
- Responsible for archiving inactive files to boxes for the
archive room and maintaining storage log of inactive contract files
and lost proposal files.
- Provide recommendations for department process/policy
changes/updates as required or foreseen.
- Maintain and provide contract metrics upon request to Director
for reporting at ECMs/CLM.
- Oversee and assist with outside contractual audits.
- Research contractual issues/questions to advise management of
- Perform other tasks as discussed with supervisor and agreed
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including
NAV and Costpoint required.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Government contracting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR)
- Familiar with types of government contracts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with vendors, managers and employees required.
- Ability to be flexible requried. Job duties and
responsibilities can change on short notice due to priorities of
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, proposal
narratives, and procedure manuals desired.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public required.
- Ability to prepare spreadsheets for proposal calculations. Work
what-if scenarios for determining price-to-win. Perform analysis of
contract hours and costs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form desired.Desired:
- Knowledge of Government Accounting and indirect rate pools
Education and/or training:
- Required: Bachelor Arts/Bachelor Science in Business required
plus 10+ years experience in Government contracting area desired,
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Or 14+ years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's
.Physical / Special Requirements
- Typical office environment.
- Receiving and handling general office supplies requires lifting
up to 10 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer"This
contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with
Keywords: Zel Technologies LLC, Hampton , Contracts Manager, Executive , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!