Physician / Family Practice / Virginia / Permanent / Family Nurse Prac
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
FNP - Family Nurse Practitioner
An Old Soul and Youthful Enthusiasm Coastal Town
The Community - Hampton, VA
A city with an old soul and youthful enthusiasm. A Coastal Virginia
vacation destination with fascinating sights to see and interesting
things to do. A convention city with flexible facilities and a
confident, can-do attitude. Situated in the middle of the Hampton
Roads region and the heart of the Mid-Atlantic, Hampton welcomes
many vacationers and meeting attendees alike with charming
hospitality, multi-faceted attractions and activities, and an
atmosphere of discovery that you'll find pleasantly surprising.
Langley Air Force Base
Langley Air Force Base is the home of the United States Air Force's
633d Air Base Wing, 1st Fighter Wing and the 480th Intelligence
Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing. It also hosts the Global
Cyberspace Integration Center field operating agency, the 192D
Fighter Wing of the Virginia Air National Guard and Headquarters
Air Combat Command. The base is one of the oldest facilities of the
Air Force, having been established on 30 December 1916, prior to
America's entry to World War I by the Army Air Service, named for
aviation pioneer Samuel Pierpont Langley.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices,
disease process and procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in
patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and
complications of their use as well as the accurate administration
of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as
required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper
documentation of patients condition including disease progress,
acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of
basic word processing, data entry and automated medical
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized
medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring
devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit
- Provide a full range of nurse practitioner services in
accordance with privileges granted by the Commanding Officer (e.g.,
supervise and provide general screening and medical care and
examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions
involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations;
diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or
minor trauma within accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or
in collaboration with a physician.
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients
with chronic illnesses.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians,
clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality
and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care
within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate
communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react
quickly in emergency situations.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation of newly assigned personnel, as
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to
these groups, and assists with decision-making and process
improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and
medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives.QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a graduate of a Masters of Nursing program accredited by the
National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a
registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of
Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin
- Possess current certification (in the specialty corresponding
to the specialty required by the task order) as a Nurse
Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Possess one year of
experience within the last 3 years as a Family Nurse Practitioner
in a primary care setting seeing an adult patient population.
- Possess current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS), maintain current certification in American Heart
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Hampton , Physician / Family Practice / Virginia / Permanent / Family Nurse Prac, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!