RN Infection Preventionist
Company: Virginia Health Services
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Virginia Health Services is in search of an RN Infection
Preventionist for Northampton Convalescent and Rehabilitation
Center, a Long Term Care and Rehab Center located in Hampton, VA.
This position is a Full Time Day opportunity that includes working
Monday-Friday!!A career with VHS at North Hampton Convalescent and
Rehabilitation Center (Hampton) means you'll be part of a
collaborative Team whose dedication and compassion are recognized
and valued.We believe in quality of life and want to help you live
your best life too ? so, we offer opportunities to grow (tuition
assistance, in-house training and more)Sign On Bonus! $4,500 + an
iPad paid out in incrementsThe RN Infection Preventionist &
Educator has the following responsibilities:
- Partnering with the Medical Director and Director of Nursing to
develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals
and action plan.
- Ensuring appropriate intervention and education occurs with
staff, residents and visitors when healthcare infection trends,
outbreaks or non-compliance to infection control/OSHA are
identified.Surveying of healthcare acquired and community acquired
- Providing education and counseling on infection prevention to
staff, volunteers, providers, residents and families through group
and individual sessions.
- Providing ongoing facility and company based inservice
education to staff.
- Monitoring facility and staff for infection control practices
and provides education accordingly.
- Monitoring and maintaining employee and resident immunization
- Complying with all established policies and procedures.
- Promoting and demonstrating positive customer service towards
VHS, co-workers, residents and visitors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and holds current
Virginia RN license.
- Experience/education in Gerontological Nursing required.
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control within 3
months of employment.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- Current drivers' license in good standing.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the
employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift,
push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste and smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens and hazardous
materials.Why join Virginia Health Services? Locally owned and
operated for over 50 years, Virginia Health Services seeks kind and
compassionate employees to join our family-like team. We take pride
in delivering outstanding long-term care nursing services to our
friends and neighbors in this community, just as we would want for
our own family members. Likewise, we believe in supporting our
staff with opportunities for personal growth and professional
advancement, as well as providing excellent benefits!Recognizing
you have many options; VHS offers many perks to being part of our
- Rewarding & meaningful relationships with our residents and
other mission-minded coworkers.
- Competitive pay rates including higher entry-level salaries
among major local health care providers.
- Most full and part time employees are eligible for Anthem Blue
Cross Blue Shield Group Health and Dental Insurance Programs.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days to eligible full
and part-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employee contribution annual
- Tuition reimbursement is available to qualified staff who
further their job-related education.
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center
to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of
our team!Learn more about caring community today: Virginia Health
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Virginia Health Services, Hampton , RN Infection Preventionist, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!