Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - $7,500 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) with Corizon Health:
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of
- Participates in the development and modification of a patient's
plan of care.
- Performs delegated tasks, activities and functions that are
consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of
- Provides direct basic care to assign multiple clients within
the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provides safe and effective nursing care and assumes
responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching
- Utilizes a problem solving approach as the basis for their
- Monitor offsite and onsite scheduling with a collaborative
- Monitor consult process as it relates to policy and
- Participates in Quality Improvement.
- Participate in Patient Care Committee Meeting
- Monitor CARES- with coordination as needed
- Ensure onsite and offisite follow up care of patients along
with telemedicine appointments
- Will work in collaboration with Regional Medical Director, site
medical providers, Regional Nursing Director and other site nursing
- Performs other nursing duties as assigned.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
- Correctional officers provide security; however, some degree of
risk of verbal and physical assault from inmates exists. As in any
healthcare setting, employees may be exposed to communicable and/or
infectious diseases. Inside work with periodic traveling (inter and
intra state) to other locations with exposure to weather,
temperature extremes and hazardous road conditions. Frequent
standing and walking while presenting or performing job duties.
Adheres to site/contract specific on-call requirements.
- Employees must be able to perform the following:
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down
flights of stairs.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and
endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and
emotional) situations encountered on the job.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able
to perform BLS.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Corizon Health, Hampton , Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - $7,500 Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Westover, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!