Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Case Manager
Company: Luke & Associates Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Clinical Social Worker Case Manager
Site Of Service
- Medical Treatment Facilities located on Langley AFB within the
Mental Health Clinic
- Degree: Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree from a School of
Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year within the past five (5)
years in the independent practice of clinical social
work/healthcare management for adults, children, families, seniors,
- Licensure: Possess a current, unrestricted license to practice
as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in any one of the 50
states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin
- U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be
- English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that
all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read,
write, and speak English well enough to effectively
- HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of
standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically
capable of performing all services required under the
- Serves as Mental Health Case Management Function Leader;
supervises staff in the performance of case management functions;
assigns and manages staff caseloads
- Provides clinical supervision to unlicensed providers of care
and mental health technicians.
- Participates in ongoing collection of data for research and
process improvement programming.
- Participates in the orientation and training of other
- Serves on committees, work groups, and task forces at the
- Completes medical record documentation and coding, and
designated tracking logs and data reporting as required by local
MTF/AF/DoD instructions, policies and guidance.
- Provides care coordination and follow up planning for
individuals being transitioned from inpatient psychiatric units
and/or follow up from an emergency department visit or medical
hospital admission following a non-fatal suicide attempt.
- Establishes and maintains high touch communication with high
risk individuals until a full hand-off and connection is made with
the next level of care or provider.
- Gathers assessment data and facilitates care coordination
- Reviews all clinical documentation prior to contact with the
- Assists with the development of a collaborative care plan with
the individual/family, care providers and other team members.
- Collaborates with individual and team to develop
individualized, collaborative safety plan
- Continuously monitors and evaluates the safety plan with the
individual and team, making updates as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective work relationships with
individuals, families, and identified supports to high risk
- Provides care coordination across the full continuum of care
- Identification of individual and family strengths and
- Accessing and managing resources on behalf of individuals and
- Advocating for Individuals and families through community
agencies, schools, courts, etc.
- Connects with transportation resources.
- Develops and maintains effective work relationships with:
- High needs individuals and families
- Referral sources and community providers
- Treatment Team Members
- Provides at least monthly calls for each patient on the
caseload; also responds to patients calling in as the circumstance
- Provides at least weekly face to face contact with each patient
on the caseload enrolled in High Risk Suicide Pathway (HRSP); this
may be in clinic or in unit, depending on patient desire.
- Provides monthly contact with Commanders of each patient on the
caseload (telephonic or in person).
- Provides weekly contact with Commanders of each patient on the
caseload enrolled in the HRSP (telephonic or in person).
- Provides mobile crisis management throughout MTF; completes
suicide risk assessments, safety planning, and coordinates
inpatient admissions when required.
- Oversees MHC HRSP; coordinates and chairs weekly Multi-D Tx
Team Mtgs (MCCC).
- Participates in Utilization Management/Case Management meetings
to review and identify opportunities to improve treatment provided
and recommend corrective action when problems exist. Participates
in the provision of monthly in-service training for members of the
clinical and administrative staff on subjects germane to social
work and social work CM services.
- Provides patient referrals.
- Interfaces with the MTF RN Case Manager(s) in the development
and implementation of the Case Management Program (CMP).
- Develops local strategies that use the strength and disciplines
of both nursing and social work to accomplish case management.
- Provides assistance in the development and implementation of
- Ensures participant's care is coordinated between client and
all healthcare providers.
- Ensures participants' access to needed services during
transitions from different levels of care.
- Provides education, reinforcement and frequent communication
with participants about their physical and behavioral health
- Provides encouragement and support to participants to assist
them in solving difficulties they have managing and improving their
- Develops strategies to remove barriers, allowing participants
to achieve optimal health status.
- Achieves targets related to participant contact.
- Ensures participants understand how to successfully navigate
the health care system by providing education and support to them
and their family/caregivers.
- Duty hours will be Monday Friday. Eight (8) hours of duty from
0730 to 1630.by Jobble
Keywords: Luke & Associates Inc., Hampton , Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Case Manager, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!