Housekeeper - Coliseum Nursing & Rehabilitation Ce
Company: Virginia Health Services
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionVirginia Health Services is hiring a Housekeeper
for our Coliseum Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, located in
Hampton, VA. This position is Part Time, including every other
weekend.The Housekeeper has the following responsibilities:
- Keeping all resident areas clean and sanitary.
- Keeping utility and linen rooms in clean and orderly
- Distributing laundered articles and linens as needed.
- Disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and supplies.
- Dusting furniture and equipment. Polishing metalwork; Emptying
receptacles as needed.
- Maintaining adequate housekeeping supplies.
- Using chemicals according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintaining infection control standards while cleaning.
- Ensuring cleaning equipment and housekeeping carts are clean,
safe, and orderly.
- Promoting and demonstrating positive customer service towards
VHS, co-workers, residents, family members and visitors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- No prior experience or training necessary, but preferred.
On-the-job training provided.
- Ability to apply simple mathematical concepts.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret
- Ability to effectively respond to questions and communicate
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands & fingers,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands
and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
- Must be able to perform tasks in inclement weather when
- Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and hazardous
materials.Why join Virginia Health Services? Locally owned and
headquartered in Newport News, Virginia since 1963, Virginia Health
Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services.
Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to the well-being
and quality care of our residents.A career with Virginia Health
Services means you'll be part of a collaborative Team whose
dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We believe in
quality of life and want to help you live your best life
too!Recognizing you have many options; Virginia Health Services is
committed to investing in its Team members and offers the following
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center
to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of
our team!Learn more about us at: http://www.vahs.comVirginia Health
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability or veteran status. We are a drug free
workplace.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans with
Keywords: Virginia Health Services, Hampton , Housekeeper - Coliseum Nursing & Rehabilitation Ce, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!