Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator - CONTRACT
Company: SP Industries, Inc.
Location: Pocomoke City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
SP Industries is searching for a Health & Safety Environmental
Coordinator to join their team.
This is a Contract ON-SITE postion at our Pocomoke City, MD
location.MAJOR DUTIES:Responsible for coordinating, supporting and
maintaining compliance with environmental programs at SP Industries
Inc. Acts as an internal technical and administrative resource to
provide team member training, support, and communications for
divisional HSE committees on environmental matters. Supports
efforts to maintain and promote divisional HSE ABM, Sustainability
and Safety Culture program initiatives. This is a hands-on role
suitable for someone who enjoys delivery of training, direct
participation in workplace evaluations and implementation of new
- Support divisional HSE Program requirements for legislative and
corporate HSE standards compliance, project HSE requirements, and
HSE continuous improvement initiatives supporting Pocomoke City,
- Identify potential workplace hazards, unsafe equipment, work
practices, and working conditions, and mitigate hazardous
conditions at the division.
- Participate and support local management team in incident
investigations to identify causal factors and prevent their
- Support divisional Joint Health and Safety Committee program
activities for training, communications, workplace inspections and
- Leads risk assessment activities (such as Job Hazard Analysis)
to proactively identify, assess and control hazards.
- Support HSE training requirements, including delivery of HSE
training (including new hire orientation, incident investigation,
emergency preparedness, machine safety, LOTO, safe chemical
handling) and maintenance of training needs and attendance
- Maintain HSE records in HSE software system including incident
and near miss reporting, hazard reports, inspections and audits,
corrective action completion and environmental data pertaining to
waste and emissions.
- Maintain and support emergency preparedness and fire prevention
procedures, documentation, emergency response team committee
activities and communication requirements.
- Support requirements for ergonomic assessments, equipment
specification and procurement, and ergonomic prevention
- Evaluate divisional chemical hazards and provide technical
support for safe work instructions, PPE, materials SDS databases,
SDS binders, container labelling and safe storage per legislative
and corporate requirements.
- Coordinate divisional hazardous waste storage, labelling,
inventory tracking and disposal in accordance with legislative and
corporate HSE requirements.
- Support divisional health initiatives including industrial
hygiene program requirements, health and wellness clinics, and
healthy lifestyle activities as required.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the
highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code
- College degree in an environmental science related field and
greater than four (4) years of directly related experience in
manufacturing and environmental protection.
- Knowledge of environmental protection regulatory requirements
(state and federal); experience with environmental regulatory
compliance in New Jersey is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of OSHA state/federal statutes and programs
is an asset.
- Ability to travel regularly to US sites is required.
ALL EMPLOYEES HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO WORK IN A SAFE MANNER AND
REPORT ANY HEALTH, SAFETY OR ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERN TO THEIR MANAGER
OR SUPERVISOR IN A TIMELY MANNER.EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT INCLUDE:
- Work in compliance with divisional health, safety and
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding
unless hazardous energies are controlled through lockout-tagout
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts
- Report defect in any equipment or protective device
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the
- Attend all required health, safety, and environmental
- Report any accidents/incidents to supervisor
- Assist in investigating accidents/incidents
- Refrain from engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength,
unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct
SP CULTUREAs we continue to grow and provide leading edge products
to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and
treating them well is critical to our success. There are many
exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality
scientific products that improve people's lives.
- We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible, accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:SP is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment
on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal
employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees
and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance
with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status,
sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic
information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or
disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local laws.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:SP will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: SP Industries, Inc., Hampton , Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator - CONTRACT, Healthcare , Pocomoke City, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!