Company: Bickford of Chesapeake
Posted on: November 23, 2022
""There is no higher calling, no greater purpose than that of a
caregiver. Somehow, we've come to believe that caregiving is just
for some of us and not all of us. Yet at our core, we are all made
to love, to connect, to extend ourselves in service of others. The
question is--- do we have the will to love, to do what it takes, to
risk ourselves in caring, even when the burden is great? In times
of happiness, in times of sadness - we are that caregiver. Whatever
- Bickford Senior Living
At Bickford, everything we do revolves around our residents'
happiness by meeting their specific Core Needs. The CNA position is
primarily responsible for resident care and services as outlined in
residents' service plans including, but not limited to personal
care needs, housekeeping, laundry, activities, meals, and pet care
while encouraging resident independence.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Know the details of the medications to be administered to your
- Follow the 6 rights of medication administration and Bickford's
Policies and Procedures regarding medication management
- Understand and appropriately utilize the eMAR system for
- Communicate appropriately with RN Coordinator for clarification
- Providing direct resident care
- Supervision of resident care work of non-licensed team members in
the skilled nursing operations and other areas throughout the
community as appropriate
- In accordance with federal, state and local standards and
Bickford Senior Living policies, you will be a leader in
demonstrating the Bickford Mission 'Whatever it Takes'
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in long term care, assisted
living, skilled nursing, hospital, and/or full service
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and
methods as applied to skilled nursing and resident care
- Demonstration of knowledge of federal, state and local long term
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows,
Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
Bickford considers the health and safety of its residents, family
members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of
employment with Bickford are conditioned on completing and passing
a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine
programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing
requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when
Bickford Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to
eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement
benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid
time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus
based on their position.
Bickford Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior
care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our
greatest resource and are looking for people who share our
commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior
Living entrust their career to Bickford.
At Bickford, you will---
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life
for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch
and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our
team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you
live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class
leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We
are committed to helping our team members achieve their career
Keywords: Bickford of Chesapeake, Hampton , CNA, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!