Hospice Nurse Practitioner - Hiring Now!
Company: Intrepid USA
Location: Belle Haven
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Intrepid USA - Our vision makes a difference :
We are a top 10 national home healthcare company with an overall 50
year history of excellence driving our future vision forward. We
are putting a dent in the homecare universe through our commitment
to providing affordable, personalized, patient and family centered
medical home healthcare, home hospice, private duty homecare and
independent living support services delivered in a concierge style,
on-demand to create an exceptional patient experience. What makes
our vision different:
- Culture driven by servant based leadership with an inverted
organization chart. Our clinical teams are at the top and our CEO
is at the bottom supporting our organization
- Our Care Centers are not franchises. We have a National Support
Center helping our Care Center leaders manage and drive their local
"family business" style of operations, clinical and patient
- Our teams manage their local Care Centers where they are
embedded in the fabric of the communities they serve
- We are committed to caring for our patients just as if they
were our family Why working here is awesome :
- Industry leading online training system and modules for
continuing education thru Intrepid University
- Clinician centric WellSky EHR to improve clinical documentation
quality and patient care
- Competitive pay with healthcare, dental, vision, pharmacy,
Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account benefits with
affordable premiums for Full-time team members
- 401K available to all team members
- Supportive time away through PTO time and company paid holidays
for Full-time team members
- Mobile benefits access, telemedicine access, health education
library and health cost estimator for Full-time team members.
- Company paid Life Insurance up to $50K and AD&D insurance
with the option of additional affordable voluntary life and
AD&D available for Full-time team members.
- Short and long term disability insurance available at
affordable rates for Full-time team members.
- Talent science that improves the quality of our talent
acquisition, recruiting process and team members Great work you'll
do here :
The Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with
advanced graduate education and clinical training who provides
comprehensive hospice services. The Nurse Practitioner provides
hospice care through the evaluation and assessment of the health
history, health promotion, diagnosing medical conditions,
management of health problems by directing and developing the plan
of care, prescribing medications or treatments, coordinating and
collaborating with patients, families, and other healthcare
practitioners. Under the supervision, the nurse practitioner visits
patients, completes physical assessments, performs face-to-face
assessments and evaluates hospice eligibility as assigned in
consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team. The nurse
practitioner builds from the resources of the community to plan and
direct services to meet the need of individuals and families within
their homes and communities.
- Provides medical care, palliates, and manages terminal illness
in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act under the
supervision of a collaborating physician.
- Completes history and physical examinations, by evaluating the
patient's medical condition and health history, ordering and
interpreting results from laboratory and diagnostic tests or
procedures, diagnosing health conditions and documents the findings
in the patient's medical record.
- Manages health conditions and terminal illnesses by developing
an individualized plan of care, prescribing medications and/or
treatments, obtaining consultations or making referrals and
coordinating hospice care services.
- Completes the hospice face to face visit requirements prior to
the third and subsequent hospice benefit periods to assess hospice
eligibility based on the hospice conditions of participation and
the local coverage determinations. Provides clinical information to
the hospice medical director for interpretation for eligibility for
- Makes recommendations to the hospice medical director regarding
patient eligibility for certification and recertification for
- Reviews clinical information, coordinates and oversees patient
care in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team and
other healthcare practitioners.
- Assures that patient receives appropriate measures to control
symptoms, through collaboration with interdisciplinary team
- Reviews and develops protocols for treatment and proposes
options for interventions based on the literature in collaboration
with the collaborating physician.
- Communicates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary group
to create, review and revise the patient's plan of care.
- Consults with the patient's attending physician, the hospice
medical director and other healthcare practitioners regarding the
patient's eligibility for hospice care, ongoing care needs and
medical management related to the patient's terminal condition
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes, physical examination notes, assessment visit notes, medical
orders, collaboration notes and other documentation in the medical
- Educates/counsels patients, families, and/or caregivers as to
preventative care, medical problems, psychological problems, and
spiritual problems in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team
to meet the total needs of patients.
- Assists the patient and family / caregiver and other team
members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family / caregiver and hospice
interdisciplinary group to identify the goals of care and meet the
care needs of the patient and family / caregiver.
- Serves as a nursing resource for consultation and educations to
members of the interdisciplinary team and other healthcare
practitioners in the community.
- Establishes, builds and nurtures relationships with staff and
community referral sources to facilitate program growth.
- Completes other assignments and duties as requested and
assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Company
Keywords: Intrepid USA, Hampton , Hospice Nurse Practitioner - Hiring Now!, Healthcare , Belle Haven, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!