Hospice Medical Social Worker-MSW - Hiring Now!
Company: Intrepid USA
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Intrepid USA - Our vision makes a difference :
We are a top 10 national home healthcare company with an overall 50
year history of excellence driving our future vision forward. We
are putting a dent in the homecare universe through our commitment
to providing affordable, personalized, patient and family centered
medical home healthcare, home hospice, private duty homecare and
independent living support services delivered in a concierge style,
on-demand to create an exceptional patient experience. What makes
our vision different:
- Culture driven by servant based leadership with an inverted
organization chart. Our clinical teams are at the top and our CEO
is at the bottom supporting our organization
- Our Care Centers are not franchises. We have a National Support
Center helping our Care Center leaders manage and drive their local
"family business" style of operations, clinical and patient
- Our teams manage their local Care Centers where they are
embedded in the fabric of the communities they serve
- We are committed to caring for our patients just as if they
were our family Why working here is awesome :
- Industry leading online training system and modules for
continuing education thru Intrepid University
- Clinician centric WellSky EHR to improve clinical documentation
quality and patient care
- Competitive pay with healthcare, dental, vision, pharmacy,
Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account benefits with
affordable premiums for Full-time team members
- 401K available to all team members
- Supportive time away through PTO time and company paid holidays
for Full-time team members
- Mobile benefits access, telemedicine access, health education
library and health cost estimator for Full-time team members.
- Company paid Life Insurance up to $50K and AD&D insurance
with the option of additional affordable voluntary life and
AD&D available for Full-time team members.
- Short and long term disability insurance available at
affordable rates for Full-time team members.
- Talent science that improves the quality of our talent
acquisition, recruiting process and team members As a Social Worker
/ MSW, you will assess emotional factors related to terminal
illness for both patient and caregiver and the caregiver's ability
to function adequately. Responsible for assessing special needs
related to cultural diversity including communication, space, role
of family members and special traditions.
Additional duties for this home care Social Worker role include,
but are not limited to:
- Assesses emotional factors related to terminal illness for both
patient and caregiver and the caregiver's ability to function
adequately. Assesses special needs related to cultural diversity
including communication, space, role of family members and special
- Assesses the patient/family psychosocial status, potential for
risk of suicide and/or abuse or neglect. Identifies family dynamics
and communication patterns. Assesses environmental resources and
obstacles to maintaining safety
- Formulates individualized plan of care that incorporates
analysis of assessment data; modifies and updates as needed at a
minimum of every two weeks on assigned patients. Provides all care
according to physician orders. Involves the patient/family in the
plan of care.
- Provides social services including short-term individual
counseling, crisis intervention, assistance in providing
information and preparation of advance directives and funeral
planning issues, and transfer of responsibilities regarding fiscal,
legal and health care decisions.
- Educates patients and families related to social service
issues, including long term placement, financial issues, and
- Identifies support systems available to reduce stress and
facilitate coping with end-of-life care.
- Evaluates for long-term care when appropriate and assesses
ability to accept change in level of care. Communicates
psychosocial information to inpatient facility when level of care
- Attends or leads bereavement support groups, as requested.
Assesses bereavement needs and completes bereavement risk
assessment when requested. Participates in bereavement and grief
- Ensures compliance with federal/state regulations governing
hospice care services by following policy and procedure consistent
with agency standards, including the maintenance and
confidentiality of patient records.
We are looking for Social Workers / MSWs who combine the knowledge,
skills, and judgement necessary to perform all duties, with the
ability to contribute as a team member and work independently. You
should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to
positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you
display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal
and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the
regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this Social Worker / MSW role include:
- Graduate of an accredited social work program; master's degree
- One (1) year of hospice care experience preferred; two (2)
years experience in any clinical setting with a demonstrated
ability to manage a group of patients
- Valid driver's license and auto liability per company
- Current LCSW, if required by state
- Current CPR Certification
Join Intrepid USA - and make a real difference in the lives of our
Keywords: Intrepid USA, Hampton , Hospice Medical Social Worker-MSW - Hiring Now!, Healthcare , Mears, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!