Flight Surgeon - Flight Medicine
Company: FSR (Federal Staffing Resources)
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Hampton, Virginia. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Flight Surgeon Flight Medicine job in Hampton, Virginia. The Flight Surgeon Flight Medicine job is within the extensive military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services. Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Fantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Dedication Program Manager to support your employment Flight Surgeon Flight Medicine Job Overview:
- Aeromedical disposition for flying/special operational duty.
- Conducting adaptability rating assessment for military special duty applicants.
- The applicant must be able to locate, interpret and apply current regulations including: AFI 48-123, AFI 36-2905, AFI 10-203, DoD 5210.42R, and AFMAN 13-501.
- The flight medicine physician shall provide health care to beneficiaries assigned to the Flight Medicine Clinic, Occupational Health Clinic, or other civilian Flight Medicine physician positions as defined by the MTF.
- These tasks include performing primary care and occupational health clinician duties and the associated administrative tasks.
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and provision of medical care, including preventive medicine, behavioral health, occupational health, and community health.
- The civilian Flight Medicine physician may become the primary care manager (PCM) for a panel of patients.
- As a PCM, the flight medicine physician will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties include:
- Examination of patients, formulation of differential diagnostic plans, ordering of appropriate diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determination of the need for consultation and assisting in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Directing case management activities.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- The use of AHLTA/CHCS, ASIMS, HAIMS, PEPP, AIMWTS, AF Waiver Guide, and AF KX
- A functional knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe software.
- Employee will need to know how to independently manipulate and draft working documents and reports.Flight Surgeon Flight Medicine Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 50 WPM
- Functional knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe PDF software.
- Doctor of Medicine Degree or a Doctor of Osteopathy Degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy.
- Board Certification in Aerospace Medicine, highly preferredIf not board certified in Aerospace Medicine, then must show proof of completion of any medical residency program and must have a minimum of 3 years of U.S. military Flight Surgeon experience. Other certifications may be acceptable if specified in the TO. Certification cards must display the American Heart Association or Military Training Network emblem. Web-based classes do not meet required standards
- Minimum of 35 hours of direct patient care in the past year.
- Clinical competency requirements
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine Position contingent upon contract award. Incumbents hightly encouraged to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals! Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: FSR (Federal Staffing Resources), Hampton , Flight Surgeon - Flight Medicine, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!