Physician-Internal Medicine/Primary Care
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
This is an open continuous vacancy announcement and will remain opened until December 31, 2018 unless all positions are filled prior to the closing date. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and will be given first consideration at that time. Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Compensation Panel in determining the annual salary of the applicant selected. This job announcement may be use to fill additional vacancies. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a full range of preventive health care services and therapeutic interventions for an assigned panel of patients in a patient-centered manner and have clinical privileges to practice including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management.
- Participate effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Order diagnostic tests and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- Documentation of care in the electronic medical record in keeping with the bylaws of the Medical Center.
- Provide evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Ensures the practice of medicine is consistent with Joint Commission, CARF, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, VISN standards, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, mandatory continuing education, and HIPPA policies.
- Adhere to the specific tasks itemized in each physicians Credentialing and Privileging package.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Primary Care services. Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM Mon-Sat (rotating weekend) Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: American Board Certified or Eligible, Internal/Family Medicine Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Physical Requirements: Incumbent needs to be mobile in that the job requires: sitting, walking, standing, and bending. Work requires trips daily from employee's work-site to other areas throughout the Medical Center Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: It is highly recommended this form is completed and submitted with your application. The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA 10-2850
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Hampton , Physician-Internal Medicine/Primary Care, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!