Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
Company: Specialty Government Services
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Labor and Delivery opening in Hampton, Virginia. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Registered Nurse – Labor and Delivery/Post PartumLangley Air Force Base – Hampton, VA Qualifications:
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to provide comprehensive primary care to a select population of essentially healthy women and their babies in a variety of settings to include intrapartum management, postpartum care, and immediate newborn care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development and pathophysiology od disease processes, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population to include all ages of the spectrum from neonatal to middle ages.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders such as premature birth, fetal death, forceps delivery, and C sections, as well as broad knowledge of normal deliveries and their complications and indicated therapeutic intervention required.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sourced and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association, and the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Experience: Shall have at least 24 months of experience within the last 36 months as a tri-qualified Inpatient Obstetrical Nurse: Nursey, Labor and Delivery, and Post-Partum.
Type of Work: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinated patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relations to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses Obstetrical and Gynecological patients on a multi-disciplinary continuum including normal physiological changes; a wide variety of disease processes that may complicated the antepartum, intrapartum or postpartum stages of pregnancy; the immediate care of the newborn; a wide variety of women's health issues; and, the physiological changed in the normal life cycle.
- Effectively communicated and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues. Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Skilled in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Recognizes adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Serves and participated in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Excellent oral communication skills for patient education and telephone triage.
- Conducts in-person assessment/evaluation including the determination of optimal location for patient management (e.g.,ward, home).
- Ensures a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Provide patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
- Prepared all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record. Keyphrases: labor and delivery nurse jobs, labor and delivery nursing jobs, labor and delivery jobs, labor delivery nursing jobs
Keywords: Specialty Government Services, Hampton , Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!