Registered Nurse (RN) - Family Practice (Langley AFB)
Company: Specialty Government Services
Posted on: January 7, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Hampton, Virginia. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Registered Nurse - Family Health Clinic (Outpatient and Telephonic Triage)Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, VAFull-time, Contract (Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm)Fully benefited (medical, dental, vision, 401k, short-term and long-term disability)QUALIFICATIONS:
- ADN or BSN from an accredited institution.
- Active, valid, unrestricted, current RN license.
- At least 2 years' experience in the last 3 calendar years in a family practice setting and experience treating patients across the lifespan is required.
- Recent telephonic triage experience is preferred.
- ACLS and PALS are preferred.
- Knowledge of preventive health maintenance/schedules, ambulatory care procedures, clinical support staff protocols (CSSPs), and education/teaching methods related to wellness, disease processes, and/or disability management across the lifespan.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents administered in patient treatment.
- Ability to recognize emergent, urgent and/or deteriorating signs and symptoms after triaging patients and responds according to nursing protocols.
TYPE OF WORK (duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Primarily provides telephonic triage nursing care.
- Assesses, screens, and/or triages patients via telephone or in-person as directed by the PCM, per approved Medical Training Facility protocols and/or CSSPs. Requires expert, skillful, rapid assessment and triage for patient problem(s) and needs both in clinic and over the telephone.
- Provides comprehensive professional nursing care for TRICARE Prime-enrolled beneficiaries, as well as TRICARE for Life and space available beneficiaries ranging from newborn to geriatric age presenting with routine and complex, interdependent acute and chronic conditions.
- Serves as a part of the Primary Care Manager (PCM) team within the Air Force Medical Home (AFMH) model of health care delivery. Will provide nursing assistance in the full spectrum management of professional and patient care activities within their scope of practice.
- Assesses and identifies individual patient care needs. Applies evidence-based practice (EBP) and nursing processes in making appropriate clinical decisions for pediatric, adolescent, adult, obstetric, and geriatric patients.
- Documents appropriate disposition/management of the patient to include optimal time and location to report to the emergency department (ED), urgent care clinic, follow-up with PCM or PCM team, or homecare and follow-up care as required.
- Executes medical orders, requests diagnostic tests and places appropriate referrals as directed by the provider. Obtains both internal and external diagnostic tests and consultation results, notifying the ordering provider of any abnormal results, and arranging follow-up care as directed by the provider.
- Administers oral, topical, optic, ophthalmic, rectal, vaginal, IM, SQ and IV medications after validation of provider order. Must demonstrate proficiency in medication administration. Demonstrates knowledge of how pain contracts are initiated and their role in pain management processes. Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms after medication administration and emergently respond per protocol.
- Performs nursing procedures within credentials and scope of practice. Procedures may include, but are not limited to, catheterizations, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, splinting, phlebotomy, nebulizer treatments, PFTs, and skills in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment for procedures.
- Assists in stabilizing patients in a clinical emergency, ensuring appropriate care/transfer to a higher level facility is accomplished as clinically indicated.
- Assists providers with patient examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures. Works closely with and refers patients to the Behavioral Health Optimization Program (BHOP) as appropriate.
- Ensures proper documentation and coding of nursing notes, procedures, and treatments.
Keywords: Specialty Government Services, Hampton , Registered Nurse (RN) - Family Practice (Langley AFB), Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!