Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Tidewater Orthopaedics
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Certified Medical Assistant (Full-Time)
Tidewater Orthopaedic Hampton, VA office has openings for Full-Time Certified Medical Assistants . We are currently searching for reliable Medical Assistants to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistants work directly with healthcare practice staff to maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. This is a fast paced position which requires the ability to multi-task while making critical decisions. The qualified Medical Assistant must have reliable transportation, as they may be required to commute to our Williamsburg, Virginia office if needed.
Tidewater Orthopaedic, offers a generous compensation package including up to 120 Hours of paid time off. Company matched Retirement plan(s). In addition, annual continuing education reimbursement and paid time off will be provided as well as competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance plans. Company paid Group Life and LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Duties and Essential Functions include:
- Provide exceptional patient care to include explanation of procedure to be done.
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patients appointments
- Properly apply and instruct patient on application of splints and dressings
- Using EMR to order additional testing, work notes and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
- Autoclaving and cleaning of instruments and other clinic equipment
- Perform PT/INR exam on patients to include instruction on Coumadin dosage per the physician
- Wound cleaning, suture removal and dressing of wounds
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of rooms
- Other job duties as assigned
Certifications / Licensures:
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Registered Medical Assistant
- CPR Certified
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- Experience in Orthopaedics preferred, but not required
active listening, critical thinking, social perceptiveness, time management, effective written and oral communication, work independently or with a team, problem solving, leadership, planning, organizing.
Frequently standing, walking and sitting. Ability to pull, lift, carry and push greater than 150lbs repetitive. Frequent stooping, kneeling, balancing, climbing and balancing. 95% of work will be performed inside with noise and/or vibrations. No extreme heat, cold, wet or humid work environment. Repetitive physical and verbal interaction with patients.
Keywords: Tidewater Orthopaedics, Hampton , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!