Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: March 11, 2019
General Practice opening in Hampton, Virginia. This and other physical therapy jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) job in Hampton, Virginia. The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-FridayDaysFull-time hoursFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Job Overview:
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and manual treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the physical therapist.
- Under supervision, administer prescribed modalities to relieve pain, using available equipment.
- Instruct patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients. Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Job Qualifications:
Basic Life Support (BLS)Associates DegreeGraduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). One year of experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant after graduationPTA Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted or possess current certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). Computer competency (Word, Excel, Adobe, data bases, medical records, and computer operations) Position contingent on contract award with a Spring 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Hampton , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!