Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Health (Nurse Practitioner #)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Womens Health opening in Hampton, Virginia.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Health job in Hampton, Virginia.
The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday day shifts
- Holidays off
- No on-call/call-back
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Nurse Practitioner (NP) Job Overview:
- Obtain and document a relevant health history, including a comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic history, with emphasis on gender-based differences.
- Perform and document complete, system, or symptom-directed physical examinations on women, including gynecologic conditions/needs that include, but are not limited to, benign and malignant gynecologic conditions, contraception, sexually transmitted infections, infertility, perimenopause/menopause/postmenopause and other gender-specific illnesses.
- Identify gynecologic deviations from normal, formulate a diagnosis, collaborate, and/or refer as necessary.
- Order screening and diagnostic procedures and interpret test results, including, but not limited to, ultrasound and mammography as well as age-appropriate primary care screens.
- Perform and interpret screening and diagnostic procedures, including, but not limited to, cervical cytologic screening, microscopy, endometrial biopsies, colposcopy, and intrauterine device (IUD) insertion.
- Prescribe therapies, including medications, considering pregnancy and lactation status, sociocultural background, and financial resources.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Provide health promotion and disease prevention services to women across the life cycle, taking into account age, developmental status, disability, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, spiritual/religious affiliation, and lifestyle and psychosocial issues. Nurse Practitioner (NP) Job Qualifications:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers by AHA
- Computer competency
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE accredited academic program.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner certification with the National Certification Corporation (NCC) for Obstetrics, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
- Minimum of 24 months within the past 36 months of clinical practice experience Position contingent on contract award with an late Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Hampton , Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Health (Nurse Practitioner #), Healthcare , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!