Company: The Landing at Hampton Marina, Tapestry by Hilton
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Job Summary: The main purpose of this job is to ensure the guest
receives the highest quality of services in Food & Beverage
Service. Essential Job Functions: Guest Service Responsibilities -
Set up side station and performs side work as assigned - Provide
immediate attention to all guests upon seating - Informs guests of
daily specials and chefs specialties - Takes guests orders
accurately and timely - Places order with kitchen; informs cooks
about special cooking instructions - Serves beverages and meals
according to standard operating procedure - Performs quality check
to ensure guest satisfaction - Removes soiled places and glass ware
according to standard operating procedure - Suggests and serves
dessert, coffee and after dinner drinks - Verifies accuracy for
prices, tips and other charges on all checks - Handles cash and
credit card charges according to standard operating procedure -
Clear and reset tables when the guests have left the restaurant. -
Keeps table, dining room and bus station areas clean at all times -
Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur -
Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager -
Attends pre-shift line-up as requested by the Supervisor or Service
Director - Reviews and turns in Z report with correct cash drop and
credit card slips - Performs any task asked by supervisor which is
job or guest related - Report to work in a neat and clean uniform.
Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential. - All guests
must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction.
Always strive to exceed guests' expectations. Health & Safety
- Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained at
- Complete required cleaning tasks in accordance with the
restaurants daily and weekly tasks sheet, ensuring the work has
been completed to a high standard.
- Ensure any faults or problems with equipment and the venue are
- Work in a way that minimizes risks to the health and safety and
security of self and others.
- Ensure all cleaning products and any other substance that could
cause a health risk is used according to the data sheet.
- To have a full understanding of the fire evacuation
procedures.Legislation & Company Policy
- Gain TIP certification within 3 months of acquiring the
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal
age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a
polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- Use judgment and reasoning to cope with difficult situations,
such us preventing a guest from alcohol intoxication, dealing
appropriately with an underage guest. "Carding a minor and
delivering a glass of water rather than refusing service or
confronting the guest"
- If a guest is consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests'
behavior, count number of drinks served and if the server feels
they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a
manager to intervene.
- Understand and actively support all company policies relevant
to your role.Other
- Capability to effectively communicate with guests and team
- Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands
including nights, weekends and holidays.TOP Requirements:
- Team Up, Own It and Passionately Serve!
- Team Up: Be Golden, Collaborate and Help Others Succeed.
- Own It: Be a role model, Embrace Responsibility and Keep
- Passionately Serve: Be Positive, Care Deeply and Create
- Recognize your co-workers with a Shout Out when they Team Up,
own it or Passionately Serve.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all
times. Understand that you represent and reflect Shamin Hotels TOP
Culture while at your hotel. Qualification Summary: Education &
- Must be over the age of 18
- High school diploma or GED certification required.
- Customer service experience required.
- 1-2 years of server experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of ABC laws.
- Cash handling knowledge required.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and possess basic mathematical skills:
- Reading, Writing & Basic Math
- Computer skills to ring in orders
- Brand systemsPhysical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the
employee will be required to:
- Stand or walk for long periods of time including for an entire
work shift (8 hours)
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to
50 pounds on occasion.
- Reach overhead and below the knee including bending, twisting,
pulling and stooping.
- Exposure to harmful chemicals, odors and potentially infectious
- Ability to work in a loud environment. Ability to talk and hear
- Work in hot or cold environments (the kitchen/walk in
- Occasionally carry, lift or move objects weighing up to 100
pounds with assistance. Mental Requirements: - Must be able to
interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner. - Must be able to
convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written in
English. - Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative
courses of action quickly and accurately - Must be able to work
well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability
to handle guest complaints and disputes while resolving them even
if the situation did not begin with them. - Must maintain composure
and objectivity under pressure. Must be respectful and maintain a
calm demeanor. - Must be effective in handling problems in the
workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and
solving problems. - Must be effective at listening to,
understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team
members and guests. - Must be able to work with a myriad of
personalities and levels within the hotel and outside
Keywords: The Landing at Hampton Marina, Tapestry by Hilton, Hampton , Restaurant Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!