Company: The Landing at Hampton Marina, Tapestry by Hilton
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Summary: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - -
-The main purpose of this job is to ensure the guest receives the
highest quality of services in Food & Beverage Service.
Essential Job Functions: -
Guest Service Responsibilities
- Sets up bar with supplies (fruit, garnishes, cocktail napkins,
glassware, etc.) and product prior to opening to ensure a smooth
flow of service.
- Ensures the correct display of products to enhance sales and
- Receives and prepares drink orders from guests and servers
using standard pours and recipes; ensures accuracy of
- Rings drink orders into register, collects money and makes
- Promotes events as needed
- Provide immediate attention to all guests upon seating, is a
good listener and takes genuine interest in enhancing guest
- Closes down bar, making sure inventory is locked and secure,
bar cleaned and sanitized and supplies put away
- Assists servers with serving food and beverages when
- Wear a big smile and make guests feel welcomed and
- Informs guests of daily specials and chefs specialties
- Takes guests orders accurately and timely
- Places order with kitchen; informs cooks about special cooking
- Serves beverages and meals according to standard operating
- Performs quality check to ensure guest satisfaction
- Removes soiled places and glass ware according to standard
- Suggests and serves dessert, coffee and after dinner
- Verifies accuracy for prices, tips and other charges on all
- Handles cash and credit card charges according to standard
- Clear and reset tables when the guests have left the
- Keeps table, dining room and bus station areas clean at all
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by
- Attends pre-shift line-up as requested by the Supervisor or
- Reviews and turns in Z report with correct cash drop and credit
- Performs any task asked by supervisor which is job or guest
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. - - Well-groomed
hair and personal hygiene are essential. -
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete
satisfaction. - Always strive to exceed guests' expectations. -
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained at
- Complete required cleaning tasks in accordance with the
restaurants daily and weekly tasks sheet, ensuring the work has
been completed to a high standard.
- Ensure any faults or problems with equipment and the venue are
- Work in a way that minimizes risks to the health and safety and
security of self and others.
- Ensure all cleaning products and any other substance that could
cause a health risk is used according to the data sheet.
- To have a full understanding of the fire evacuation
Legislation & Company Policy
- Gain TIP certification within 3 months of acquiring the
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal
age to consume alcoholic beverages. - - Refuse to serve beverages
in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age. - -
- Use judgment and reasoning to cope with difficult situations,
such us preventing a guest from alcohol intoxication, dealing
appropriately with an underage guest. "Carding a minor and
delivering a glass of water rather than refusing service or
confronting the guest"
- If a guest is consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests
behavior, count number of drinks served and if the server feels
they should not drive, offer a taxi. - - Do not hesitate to ask a
manager to intervene. -
- Understand and actively support all company policies relevant
to your role.
- Capability to effectively communicate with guests and team
- Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands
including nights, weekends and holidays.
TOP Requirements: -
- Team Up, Own It and Passionately Serve!
- Team Up: - - Be Golden, Collaborate and Help Others
- Own It: - Be a role model, Embrace Responsibility and Keep
- Passionately Serve: - Be Positive, Care Deeply and Create
- Recognize your co-workers with a Shout Out when they Team Up,
Own it or Passionately Serve.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all
- Understand that you represent and reflect Shamin Hotels TOP
Culture while at your hotel.
Education & Experience: -
- Must be over the age of 21
- High school diploma or GED certification required.
- Customer service experience required. -
- 1-2 years of server experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of ABC laws.
- Cash handling knowledge required.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and possess basic mathematical skills:
- Reading, Writing & Basic Math
- Computer skills to ring in orders
- Brand systems
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. - While performing the duties of the job, the
employee will be required to:
- Stand or walk for long periods of time including for an entire
work shift (8 hours)
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to
50 pounds on occasion.
- Reach overhead and below the knee including bending, twisting,
pulling and stooping. -
- Exposure to harmful chemicals, odors and potentially infectious
- Ability to work in a loud environment. - Ability to talk and
hear is required. -
- Work in hot or cold environments (the kitchen/walk in
- Occasionally carry, lift or move objects weighing up to 100
pounds with assistance.
Keywords: The Landing at Hampton Marina, Tapestry by Hilton, Hampton , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!