Cafe Team Member
Company: Liberty Baptist Church
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Summary: The Cafe Team Member will perform a variety of
duties in the Liberty Cafe to ensure an excellent customer
experience. This includes participating in all routine and
non-routine aspects of the Food Service Ministry, being pro-active
and engaged in all activities in the Cafe, and following all health
Ministry Department: Food Service
Position Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Hours: This is a part-time position with a basic work schedule
which consists of working Monday through Thursday, some Sundays,
and other special events as required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform that meets food
service safety and Liberty's standard.
- Greet guests with a smile and a positive attitude. Be willing
to help those in need.
- Have a positive attitude regarding the job and communication
with management and fellow team members.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook food properly, such as
sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, and coffees.
- Participate in the proper storage and rotation of food.
- Help in maintaining a clean Cafe area, equipment, as well as
all food service related areas.
- Operate register system, cash drawers, and verification of
sales at times.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and other items when needed.
- Observe all rules of food safety and sanitation laws.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in
order to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deals with
sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken
- Use independent judgment to determine work priorities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the
- Is a loyal staff member by cooperating and following the
leadership of the church.
- Follow Liberty's policies and procedures.
- Work in coordination with the overall mission, goals and
objectives of the church which are summarized by the mission
statement "Changing Lives, Communities and the World for Jesus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree in Food Service, Business, or Management, or,
graduation from a culinary school desired
- 3-5 years of supervisory food service experience desired
- ServSafe certified (not required)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions
Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position will be carried out primarily in the kitchen, dining
hall, and cafe. There will be times of extensive standing, bending
and lifting of moderately heavy items.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed. It is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of the position. Liberty Baptist Church retains the discretion to
add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Keywords: Liberty Baptist Church, Hampton , Cafe Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!