Customer Service Supervisor
Company: WPS Health Solutions
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 9th Year in a Row- 2018 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace. Mutual Respect
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
TheCustomer Service Supervisor is responsible for exemplifying and leading the team in the four core values of WPS- Mutual Respect, Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, and Driven and Passionate. Your responsibilities include recruiting, developing, engaging and retaining high-performing talent to meet current and future organizational needs. You will also need to communicate and coach effectively, and manage the performance of individuals and the team effectively to increase the depth and flexibility of both.
In this role you will:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate, appraise job performance and discipline employees
- Develop and execute employee engagement and achievement plans
- Coach and develop employees by focusing on competencies and individual performance
- Ensures operational tasks are completed by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources and implementing productivity and quality standards
Leads with the following values:
- Leads by example and acts ethically and honestly. Exemplifies leadership by being credible, knowledgeable and trustworthy.
- Carefully considers and responds to input and feedback, then implements changes when it improves the process.
- Shows appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
- Recognizes how own actions impact internal and external customers and is responsible for the customer experience (timely and accurate responses, approachable, accessible).
- Looks beyond immediate issue to recognize and solve the root cause of problems.
- Simplifies processes to improve the results for the customer.
- Takes ownership of actions by being accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS and our customers.
- Is committed to improving job performance to achieve our strategic goals (acquires and applies job knowledge and expertise).
- Takes initiative and makes decisions to address issues and takes ownership to achieve better performance.
- Approaches work with enthusiasm and personal commitment to the success of our business. Sets high standards for self and continually raises the bar.
- Brings energy and focus to achieve excellence and learns from mistakes.
- Actively participates in collaborative activities, engages in discussion, and offers own time and commitment.
- Helps others achieve success by fostering individual and unique talents.
- Control expenses by monitoring variances to budget and identifying opportunities for efficiency
- Generate ideas for operating efficiencies
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; OR equivalent post high school education and/or work-related experience
- 2 or more years of progressively responsible business experience, preferably in a customer
service orientated environment and 1 or more year in a leader/supervisory role developing
management and human relations skills
- Appropriate problem solving skills to resolve issues in an effective, positive and timely manner.
- Experience responding to questions through verbal and written communication; preferred with health insurance partners.
- Preferred: Prior experience working with and supervising staff responsible for answering basic web portal/self-service inquiries from customers to include; Webchat, secured and non-secured webmail, and interactive voice response tools.
- Preferred: Basic knowledge of online help navigation and functions to assist in password resets, registration assistance emerging technology.
- Preferred: Experience communicating via chat, email and various social channels in a professional manner.
In addition, we prefer:
- Prior experience working with and supervising staff responsible for answering basic web portal/self-service inquiries from customers to include; Webchat, secured and non-secured webmail, and interactive voice response tools.
- Basic knowledge of online help navigation and functions to assist in password resets, registration assistance emerging technology.
- Experience communicating via chat, email and various social channels in a professional manner.
Keywords: WPS Health Solutions, Hampton , Customer Service Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!