Company: Papa John's - Big Bethel
Posted on: February 10, 2019
At Papa John's, our Delivery Drivers are more than just employees. We promote from within, so you are a valuable asset with lots of future potential for growth!ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pre-delivery vehicle preparation, learning the delivery area, checking orders for quality and accuracy, following proper delivery procedures,
- Perform other assigned workstation duties including taking phone orders and making quality products by working the pizza cutting station and the pizza topping station.
- Execute cash management duties.
- Distributing door hangers during every shift.
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, and walk-in cooler.
- Provide a high level of customer service through positive and professional interaction with customers in person or by phone, and acting with a sense of urgency in everything they do.
- Accurately use the POS System, process cash, check and/or credit card transactions. Support sales efforts by suggestively selling to increase the check average when taking an order.
- Work as part of a team and assist other team members by being on time for their shift; supporting other workstations during their shift, including cleaning, for example sweeping mopping wiping counters; and completing all opening, shift change, and closing duties, including shift cleaning.
- Maintaining organized, safe, and clean work areas; comply with safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards.
- Complete all training modules that relate to this position.
- Comply with Team Member Handbook, and with federal, state and local laws and ordinances. OTHER DUTIES
- Train new Delivery Drivers in all applicable trainingPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED preferredPHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to:
- Use hands repetitively
- Stand for prolonged periods
- Walk long distances and climb stairs,
- Grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity.
- The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, push or pull, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work:
- In various temperatures
- In a noisy environment
- Near moving mechanical parts
- With dangerous equipment, sharp tools, or hot temperatures, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid driver s license under the laws of the state(s) where the team member works for at least six months, acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance, and satisfactory vehicle.
- Safely and legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to drive during all times of the day or night, and may be required to drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess navigational skills, including read a map, locating addresses, and navigating adverse terrain, including multi-story buildings.
- If this team member will work more than 30 hours per week, must be able to have flexibility to work all shifts, including open, close and middle, or split shifts.
- Must possess ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator.) Must be able to make correct monetary change.
- May be required to work long hours, days, nights, or weekends, scheduled or unscheduled, or split shifts.
- Criminal background check may be required.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work with team to accomplish team objectives.
- Must be customer-focused with excellent customer-service skills.
- Must be able to independently handle any customer concern with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to deal well with frequent task changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to verbally communicate effectively and clearly, actively listen, and respond effectively to questions.
- Must possess ability to comprehend written instructions.
- Must be complete on any government-required certifications.
- Must be able to work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers.
- Bilingual in certain markets.
- Must be able to comply with uniform and appearance standards. Associated topics: delivery representative, delivery route, doordash, driver delivery, instacart driving, lyft, pizza delivery, postmates driver, shipt driving, uber
Keywords: Papa John's - Big Bethel, Hampton , Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!