(ADAPT) Information Technology Administrator
Posted on: January 9, 2021
ICF is seeking a data analyst professional, with prior military,
civil service and/or contractor experience within HQ Air Combat
Command (ACC), and/or 16 AF staff/subordinate units. Candidate will
provide ADAPTS support and technical expertise. ADAPTS is the ACC
Optimizing the Human Weapon System (OHWS). The ADAPTS is a program
human performance tracking system that is built primarily using a
SMARTABASE backbone. The ACC OHWS has embedded Athletic Trainers,
Massage Therapists, and Strength and Conditioning Coaches within
fighter squadrons and wings in order to provide full spectrum
support focused on the prevention of aircrew neck and back pain.
ADAPTS will be the system that documents all encounters between
embedded OHWS personnel and fighter aircrew. ADAPTS, a synchronized
support system, is needed to consistently measure both individual
and team performance to clearly understand the continuous,
measurable impact of performing and operating in high risk, high
stakes conditions over time to ensure aircrew sustain the highest
levels of readiness. This capability will be phased IAW designated
timelines negotiated with the contractor and Government to ensure
organized priorities of work. The system shall be scalable, with
the end goal of capturing an aircrew member's entire career. ADAPTs
will be designed, supported and managed in coordination with
Government stakeholders.Duties include support for all traditional
elements of A-Staff support within a MAJCOM, coordination from the
strategic level to operations level of war. In addition, there are
numerous technical opportunities across the USAF's cyber weapon
systems portfolio. The workplace is at ACC headquarters, Joint Base
Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Virginia.Candidates shall execute under
the direction of government representatives the development,
validation, implementation and synchronizing of ADAPTS, to capture
a comprehensive performance profile of a fighter aircrew member's
career. Candidates will standardize and optimize system and human
performance optimization designs and architectures; identify and
coordinate emerging technology solutions and technology integration
opportunities; implement innovative industry best practices and
technologies that maximize efficiencies and cost savings; develop
new systems while migrating infrastructure capabilities to meet
mission requirements and improve operational efficiency of
operators and their associated combat support teams; deliver system
and infrastructure capabilities that scale to meet enterprise
demand with the least re-engineering effort possible; and
facilitate and monitor the ADAPTS equipment integration,
interoperability, and synchronization of enterprise-wide systems
and infrastructure solutions and services.Key Tasks to be
accomplished :The ADAPTS IT Administrator manages in-house
machines, devices, computer software systems and network
connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of
the supported business applications and administers, tests, and
implements computer databases, applying knowledge of database
management systems. Position also participates in the planning and
implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system
provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals,
industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. Will require
both technical level experience and ability to interface with all
levels of users. Specific duties shall include, but are not limited
to the following:
- Manage data management system access.
- Member role/responsibility creation.
- Alert control.
- Ensure proper systems acquisition, maintenance and
- Responsible for comprehensive accounting for human performance
equipment and kits purchased, in use and in maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring everything from lease contracts,
licensing to warranty information and will be responsible for
safeguarding the Government approved equipment items and kits.
- Ensure the data management system meets all Privacy Act and PII
requirements and has the ability to be compartmentalized,
subsequently ensuring controlled roles and responsibilities.
- Have the ability to instantly revoke a person's role or
responsibility within the database upon Government
- Ensure data management capabilities are adaptable and able to
flex with changing and evolving needs.
- Ensure the data management system has the ability to send
actionable alerts to personnel identified by the Government.
- Work with the Government to identify notification thresholds
- Work with the Government to identify personnel requiring this
capability and ensure proper access for those required.
- Provide a customer support mechanism to the Government and data
management system users.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the
development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software
in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Design integrated computer systems and network systems
- Monitor the performance of computer networks and integrated
- Maintain computer networks and systems to enhance performance
and user access.
- Install computer hardware, software applications and respective
updates and/or upgrades.
- Test computer hardware and software performance and provide
appropriate or innovative corrective measures.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and
associated training plans for system administration and appropriate
- Analyze data to identify or resolve operational problems.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Resolve computer network and software problems.
- Provide technical support for computer network issues.
- Collaborate with others to resolve information technology
- Create electronic data backup to prevent loss of
- Develop computer or information security policies or
- Implement security measures for computer or information
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host
computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in
accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding
privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Analyze project data to determine specifications or
- Identify information technology project resource
- Document operational activities.
- Document network-related activities or tasks.
- Collect data and information about customer needs.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and
standards in support of systems software procurement and
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information
- Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology
- Conduct system tuning, performance monitoring and database
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary
- Modify existing databases and management systems or direct
programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database
development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and
specify identifiers of database to management system or direct
others in coding descriptions.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of
- Develop methods for integrating different products so they work
properly together such as customizing commercial databases to its
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for
making changes to database.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to
understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and
testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such
as the installation of new databases.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to
serve as a source of information for upper management.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are
used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer
- Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to
create production database.
- Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters,
using manuals and calculator.What you need to be
considered:Experience/knowledge of a full range of USG cyberspace
operations principles, directives, methodologies, and approaches
used in developing, operating, managing, and maintaining services
and capabilities that support functional requirements.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Possess 7+ years' professional experience.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup
- Understanding of Government Certification and Accreditation
- Active Secret government clearance
- Shall have a proficient understanding and working knowledge of
computer, e-mail, voice mail, and telephone texts to perform
- Be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint.Desired qualifications - Direct or Related experience in
- USAF MAJCOM staff experience preferred, however a sister
Service also acceptable
- One to three years MAJCOM Action Officer experienceWillingness
and Ability to work full time in the Hampton, VA area. Potential
for approximately 5 - 10% CONUS travel (National Capitol Region
(NCR), Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio,
and Texas), dependent on mission need on client request.Working at
ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with
intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day.
Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle
unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and
governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual
respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're
seeking to make a difference in the world, visit
www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for
tomorrow.ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity
at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans
Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For
more information, please read our EEO & AA policy .Reasonable
Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants
with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment
process. To request an accommodation please email
email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law
and Pay Transparency Statement .Virginia Client Office (VA88)
Keywords: ICF, Hampton , (ADAPT) Information Technology Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!