Senior Systems Administrator
Posted on: May 7, 2022
The Systems Administrator applies advanced knowledge of concepts,
processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
Performs work that requires advanced practical experience and
training. Under general supervision, responsible for installing,
configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and
servers, including virtual, cloud, as well as web servers, in
support of business processing requirements. Performs software
installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered
software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and
maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and
procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum
performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by
evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and
hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by
implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive
operations. Supports media management through internal methods and
procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts
routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to
ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and
configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive
operating system hardware and software configuration
database/library of all supporting documentation.
Specific duties may include:
- Support the technical planning, analysis, assessment, design,
development, systems integration and installation, configuration,
testing, evaluation, troubleshooting and repair, sustainment,
special/trade-study, technical recommendations, and regulatory
compliance of the CP NASCOM architecture to include (but not
limited to): mission critical customer support systems.
- Perform system administration functions for Mission systems and
ensure that all Cybersecurity requirements are implemented in full
compliance with NASA directives.
- Develop and maintain lab and test environments to support
troubleshooting and new technology evaluation.
- Provide emerging insertion technologies (i.e. new features,
- Perform application configurations to support network
requirements and modifications to correct software issues.
- Provide maintenance and support of tools (e.g., debuggers,
traffic generators, and traffic capture software) that provide
system test capabilities.
- Provide integration and testing support for the distribution of
operating systems upgrades, Cybersecurity patches/fixes, kernel
upgrades, custom kernel upgrades, and custom serial drivers.
- Develop and perform test and certification for both hardware
- Develop and validate system architecture.
- Coordinate the release/patch of software into operations with
Mission Operations Manager.
- Perform administrative, financial, technical, and other system
project management efforts to ensure all work is performed to
achieve cost, schedule, and technical performance benefits and
- Relevant certification in the specific system or application
being supported i.e., Linux, Windows Server, Apple MacOS, Remedy,
- Solid understanding of key communications tools, such as
Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
PowerPointEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experiencePay
Keywords: Leidos, Hampton , Senior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!