Lead Wireless Engineer (Wi-Fi)
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Technology moves us forward, not backward. Until we build a time
machine, that is. How cool will that be?For now, Cox Communications
is looking for a forward-thinking Wireless Engineer IV who will
help create next-gen networking platforms to deliver sleek and
converged experiences across various Wi-Fi technologies. We're
building the world of tomorrow, one today at a time.Do you love
exploring new technology? Do you want to be the architect of a
better future for us all? Let's talk.What's In It For You?At Cox,
our people come first---and that's not just a company line. Here's
a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and
award-winning employee culture:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we
respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with
accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what they're worth with a competitive salary
package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we'll
generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You'll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with
various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible
Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for
mental wellness and more.
- As you grow your family, rest assured that you'll have access
to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive
fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and
even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment,
travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are
important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim, or
slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.With
benefits as rich and diverse as our employees, you'll find a
plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best
choices for you and your family.What You'll DoFace it, you love
cool tech. In this role, you'll get your hands on a lot of it.
You'll turn ideas into action for a wide range of network,
application, and cloud solutions. Here's an inside look at your
- You'll lead design activities for new products, services,
hardware, software, and feature/functionality within our Wi-Fi
- You'll develop and maintain a multi-year roadmap and strategy
for the Wi-Fi platform with an emphasis on driving efficiencies
through virtualization and automation.
- You'll assist in hitting critical business objectives for new
revenue growth through the launch of new Managed Wi-Fi services and
savings through Wi-Fi offload strategy realization.
- You'll work on next generation core convergence across Wi-Fi,
Cellular and Wireline technologies.
- You'll author high-level designs and translate objectives to
- You'll partner with peer engineering team members to gain
in-depth understanding of proposed changes to hardware, software or
configurations, and implications to platform interfaces or call
flows.Who You AreYou have a strong background in networking and
software engineering. You've got a knack for problem solving and
continual growth energy. We're just guessing, but you probably
really enjoyed the TRON movies. That last part isn't a requisite
for the job, but these things are:
- BS/BA in a related discipline.
- 6 or more years of experience required in related field (4 or
more years if you have a related advanced degree).
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.Let's make a
mutually beneficial connection of our networks. Apply today!
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is the largest private
telecom company in America, serving six million homes and
businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees.
Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the
things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested
in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and
more, join Cox Communications today!About CoxCox empowers employees
to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years.
With exciting investments and innovations across transportation,
communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses
- which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging
a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us
today!-Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page.Cox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin
or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party
Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from
agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do
not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Hampton , Lead Wireless Engineer (Wi-Fi), IT / Software / Systems , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!