Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: September 8, 2018
NJVC - CHENEGA CORPORATION
Company Job Title:
Langley AFB, VA
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary: The Systems Administrator will have primary responsibility for providing Regional System Administration support from Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska. The Systems Administrator will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and provide TIER 2/3 support of production systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
- Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Unix/Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions.
- Attend meetings weekly and provide weekly status reports.
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
- Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports.
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
- May serve in a supervisory capacity
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years relevant experience or
- Associate's Degree and 8+ years relevant experience or
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Years of relevant work experience includes:
UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY
Experience supporting the IC/DOD
Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
TS/SCI required; with ability to pass CI polygraph.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required.
Ability to respond to after hour calls "provide on-call support"
Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets
Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Ability to travel 0-20% to local area sites as well as other locations with similar architecture/footprint.
Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Window Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
Ability to lift or move various pieces of computer equipment, (max 40 pounds).
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment :
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. - provided by Dice Analysis, Architecture, Backup and Recovery, Configuration Management, Database, Database Administration, Development, Disaster Recovery, Firewall, Hardware, Informix, Linux, Manager, Management, Networks, Program Manager, Research, Scripts, Security, Solaris, SQL, Sybase, Systems Administrator, Testing, Unix, Web Servers, Windows
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Hampton , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!