Agile Scrum Master with Security Clearance
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Job Description CACI is seeking an Agile Scrum Master to support
the AOC program at Langley AFB. The Scrum Master will help manage
and guide the Agile integration teams to fulfill customer's
prioritized backlogs. The Scrum Master will serve as the servant
leader for the Agile scrum teams to ensure clear communication and
removing impediments to help the team success in meeting its goals
and objectives. The Scrum Master is expected to have a thorough
understanding of the Lean/Agile practices and will be able to use
the appropriate Agile methodology Scrum/XP/Scrumban/Kanban) to
facilitate the Agile teams activities. What You'll Get to Do: *
Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership - Exhibit the behaviors of a
Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset . Help the team embrace
Lean-Agile Values , adopt and apply Lean-Agile Principles , and
implement Lean-Agile practices.
* Support the team rules - Reinforce the lightweight Agile Team
rules, Shift-Left Cybersecurity and Testing, Work in Process (WIP)
limits, and any other process rules the team has agreed upon.
* Facilitate the team's progress toward team goals -Continuously
challenge the old norms to improve performance in the areas of
quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on
daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program
Increment (PI) Objectives .
* Support team efforts in relentless improvement - Help the team
improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the
team retrospective. Coach problem-solving techniques and help the
team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
* Facilitate meetings - Facilitate (not lead) team meetings,
including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning
, Iteration Review , and Iteration Retrospective .
* Support the Product Owner - Help the Product Owner in their
efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating
a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
* Eliminate impediments - Actively addresses blocking issues so
that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the
* Promote Agile quality practices - Help foster the culture of
technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of
effective Agile teams. Provide guidance to assist the teams in
constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting
the Definition of Done (DoD).
* Build a high-performing team - Focus on ever-improving team
dynamics and performance. Help the team manage interpersonal
conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate
people problems to management where necessary, but only after
internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; help
individuals and teams through personnel changes.
* Protect and communicate - Communicate with management and outside
stakeholders; help protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of
* Coordinate with other teams - Represent the team in the Scrum of
Scrums (SoS) meeting, and pass information from that meeting back
to the team. Work with other scrum masters to apply consistency
across the organization. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret security clearance.
* 1-2 years of Agile delivery experience and recent hands-on
experience as a Scrum Master working with Agile methodologies -
e.g., scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, Lean
* Ability to define/collect/present agile metrics
* Experience using Agile Tools such as Jira/Confluence/Git
* Knowledge of system/software life cycles and agile development
* Ability to work at a government facility within a
multi-contractor team environment.
* Strong problem solving and influencing skills
* Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Previous experience effectively implementing culture change
across a medium to large organization
* Agile experience on a Department of Defense program
* Ability to analyze issues and define solutions using Six Sigma
* Project Administration level experience in Jira
* Experience working with various audiences, both technical and
* Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible,
Unified Functional Test, Docker.
* Agile certification - e.g., Certified Scrum Master (CSM),
Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), or PMI's Agile
Certified Professional What We Can Offer You: - We've been named a
Best Place to Work by the Washington Post. - Our employees value
the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work
and their personal lives. - We offer competitive benefits and
learning and development opportunities. - We are mission-oriented
and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's
highest priorities. - For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's
unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind
our success. Job Location US-Hampton-VA-NORFOLK-VIRGINIA BCH CACI
employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that
fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At
CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by
providing information solutions and services in support of national
security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,
Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide
dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: CACI, Hampton , Agile Scrum Master with Security Clearance, IT / Software / Systems , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!