Store Clerk Part Time
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Retail Sales Clerk (PT) reports directly to the store
manager and indirectly to the assistant store managers and shift
leaders. This position is responsible for duties such as, but not
limited to, cashiering, stocking, cleaning and monitoring
perishables. The Retail Sales Clerk provides excellent customer
service and assists in maintaining excellent daily store
conditions. This position accomplishes all job duties in accordance
with Save-A-Lot policies, procedures and Best Methods.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Operate a cash register efficiently and perform checkout
procedures at or above expected performance standards including,
but not limited to, minimum transaction time per item rate and
accurate handling/counting of cash, EBT, debit cards, credit cards,
WIC Vouchers, Gift Cards, coupons and checks. Follow all check-out
and cash handling procedures and policies.
- Consistently meet or exceed the company standards involving the
handling, stocking, and the maintaining of grocery, frozen, dairy,
smoked meat, and all perishable products.
- Assist with unloading delivery trucks. Stock product on
platforms, shelving, peg hooks and in baskets or refrigerated cases
as needed. Handle power and non-powered equipment and hand tools to
move stock as needed after properly trained.
- Retrieve carts from the parking lot.
- Maintain excellent store conditions.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment. Complete
cleaning duties as assigned, including floors, windows, display
cases, shelves, register area, backroom, restrooms, parking lot,
and other fixtures. Responsible to 5S areas assigned per company
- Provide excellent customer service, which includes but not
limited to, communicating in a friendly/courteous manner.
- Assist store management in training other store employees.
- Maintain proper rotation for dated and undated products.
- Ensure products have price tags/signs and are displayed per
- Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all
- Properly display, trim, package, and fill authorized fresh
- Assist Fresh Meat personnel as needed. Duties may include but
are not limited to wrapping packages, using scales to weigh & tag
products and stocking meat packages as needed.
- May participate in panel interviewing process, but does not
have authority to make hiring decisions.
- Performs other duties, including working in other areas of the
store, as assigned.
This is a non-management position. This position does not have
the authority to make decisions concerning hiring, firing,
demotions, promotions, or otherwise take tangible employment
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- Proven, efficient retail sales experience; experience in dry
grocery, perishable, meat, general grocery, cash management and
excellent customer service preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English. Demonstrate
effective oral and written communication, interpersonal skills.
Language proficiency in Spanish or other languages are a plus in
- Proficiency in basic math skills required, including addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division, and basic computer
- Must be dependable and flexible to work scheduled shifts,
including a willingness to work in other areas of the store as
needed with little or no advance notice.
- Must adhere to safety standards.
- Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and tr
Keywords: Save-A-Lot, Hampton , Store Clerk Part Time, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!