Patient Services Coordinator - Clinical
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What You Will Do
Responsible for scheduling the home visits for the field staff
and assisting with the coordination of patient care. Works under
the direction of the Clinical Manager to ensure the proper
utilization of clinical resources to maximize care center capacity
and utilization guidelines. Responsible for scheduling and
communicating with field staff, patients, and Clinical Manager
regarding scheduling of patient services.
- Ensures patient assessment visits including all Oasis visits
are scheduled and performed timely.
- Prepares weekly clinician schedules. Reviews clinician
schedules daily or more frequently as needed to determine capacity
opportunities and ensure productivity standards are being met.
- Ensures clinicians are assigned and scheduled in most efficient
geography, maximizing clinician efficiency, utilizing the lowest
possible discipline, matching skill with required care, and
optimizing clinician capacity.
- Ensures missed visits are scheduled by the end of the current
week or referred to the Clinical Manager for resolution.
- Works collaboratively with field clinicians to ensure all
patient visits are scheduled and completed as ordered and within
the care center.
- Manages calls from patients and field staff related to
scheduling issues. Refers clinical and performance related issues
to the Clinical Manager.
- Monitors hospitalized patients, communicating and ensuring the
team follows up as necessary.
- Completes requested schedules ensuring all orders and services
(e.g. lab draw, supervisory visits, addon visits or disciplines
etc.) are included as required.
- Supports Clinical Manager and works collaboratively to ensure
timely communication with patients, clinicians, referral sources,
BD team and other office personnel.
- Runs all applicable reports and responds to workflow taking
- Assists with internal or external transfer of patients between
care centers and/or Hospice services.
- If a licensed clinician and meets all criteria to be a field
clinician, may provide direct patient care as necessary and only in
times of an emergency.
- May be responsible for maintaining supply closet with routine
supplies, ensuring supplies are within expiration dates and
packaged appropriately, and serve as liaison with the field for
patient supply needs.
- In the absence of an Intake Coordinator, may be responsible for
the referral and intake process within the care center.
- If a licensed clinician, may obtain verbal orders for patients
and documents as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed
Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1 ) year of administrative experience in a health care
- One (1 ) year of scheduling experience in a healthcare
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Hampton , Patient Services Coordinator - Clinical, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!