At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from
diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable
and more connected world.
We have an immediate need to fill a position for an experienced
Vibration Design Engineer to design Silicon MEMS and Piezoelectric
(PE) accelerometers for industrial, aerospace, automotive, and
wireless IoT condition monitoring applications. The candidate shall
be responsible for all phases of the development life cycle through
requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and
Duties shall include both new developments and support of
existing designs. Critical to this role is a strong understanding
of how digital systems interact with analog sensors and utilization
of DSP to manipulate data into configured data streams. The
knowledge and understanding required of this position include:
- Sensor design and knowledge of signal conditioning and test
methods for MEMS and IEPE (Integrated Electronics Piezo-Electric)
sensors strongly preferred.
- Design and testing of wireless devices using protocols such as
LoRaWAN and Bluetooth
- Development and application of Artificial Intelligence /
Machine Learning algorithms
- Expertise in digital and analog electronics hardware design and
development (minimum 5 years).
- Hands-on experience with circuit prototyping and test,
including test equipment setup and performance evaluation.
- Familiar with fixed and floating point DSP hardware and
- Signal analysis and methods such as Kalman filtering, FFT, and
- Excellent debugging skills including familiarity with
hardware/software interaction in embedded systems.
- General understanding of physics and translational and
rotational kinematics a big plus.
What your background should look like:
- Experience with engineering tools such as Altium, PSPICE,
OrCAD, and MATLAB, is expected.
- Environmental testing experience including EMC (Electromagnetic
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including
documenting system level designs and changes.
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and
technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a
larger team working remotely.
- Minimum of a BSEE, BSME or equivalent with 5 years related
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology
leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected
future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions,
proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in
transportation, industrial applications, medical technology,
energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000
employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside
customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY
CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn,
Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to
our employees includes offering benefit programs that are
comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take
a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are
company-paid, while others are available through associate
contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
"This position requires access to information which is subject
to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful
permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or
person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee."
HAMPTON, VA, US, 23666
Travel: 10% to 25%
Requisition ID: 64686
Function: Engineering & Technology