Data & Gift Entry Specialist
Company: Hampton University
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Creates, maintains, and enhances the relationships between the
alumni and the University;
- Assists with alumni events both locally and nationally;
- Assists with annual events such as Alumni weekend, parents
weekend, assembly meetings and class reunions;
- Develops reports to support office efforts with alumni planning
and implementing events;
- Assists with and attends appropriate Alumni Association, Alumni
Affairs, and Office of Development events;
- Maintains office records and ensures adherence with policies
regarding reporting and respective timelines.
- Works and participates as an effective member of the overall
- Performs other related duties for Alumni Affairs and
Development as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and coordinate the daily gift deposits to the Business
Office including analysis and processing of weekly gift batches in
the Universitys Banner database system; production of gift
receipts, individualized acknowledgement letters, posting monthly
reports and class reports in accordance with the Office of Alumni
Affairs 72-hr turnaround policy; assist the office in data
analysis, maintaining data integrity and adding new data to the
database. Reports to the Gift Entry & Constituent Records
Coordinator and the Director of Alumni Affairs.
- Serve as the chief donor records manager for the Annual Giving
Program by managing timely and effective data analysis and entry
projects for the HU Faculty & Staff Annual Giving Campaign; operate
and maintain a computer and database system while ensuring database
integrity; managing campaign reports and specialty donor
- Collect daily donations received through the Office of Alumni
Affairs; evaluate, sort and total all donations made to the
University on a daily basis in order to create daily gift
- Manage gift analysis and entry procedure and process weekly
gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion to adhere to the
Office of Alumni Affairs 72-hour turnaround
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds,
appeals for each gift to be processed;
- Assist the Director, Assistant Directors, Annual Fund Manager
and the Gift Entry & Constituent Records Coordinator with
fundraising projects through verifying, preparing and processing
various reports pertaining to the gift entry process; submit and
distribute various report requests to Office of Alumni Affairs,
Development and/or President's Office staff.
- Manage the process of gift receipts and individualized
acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and
- Supports the Gift Entry & Constituent Records Coordinator with
the balancing of gift accounts with the Business Office.
- Assist Processing Unit Team with the entry of new constituent
records to the database as needed, analyze information and ensure
records entry and related process meet office quality control
- Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy
- Works regularly with the Gifts Records Researcher in the Office
of Development regarding donor records.
- Assist the office with the execution of University and Office
of Alumni Affairs special projects, when appropriate and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Analyze data for appropriate posting.
- Learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
- Prioritize data entry projects and review work for
- Complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Delegate appropriate tasks.
- Working on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic
- Work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Working in a team environment.
- Type at 30-40 wpm.
- Skilled use of 10-key adding machine.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer
Seeing to read a variety of materials.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Working knowledge of database software required.
- Relational database systems preferred.
- Operation of a computer, codes and their applications, and
generation of reports.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Keywords: Hampton University, Hampton , Data & Gift Entry Specialist, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!