Citizen Services Advocate I - PFT
Company: City of Hampton, VA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Citizen Services Advocates acts as a liaison between
internal/external City customers and City departments. Supports the
311 Contact Center's mission to provide customers with easy access
to nonemergency City information and services, in a manner that is
excellent in quality and builds trust in our City government.
Examples of Work
- Receives incoming calls for City of Hampton information and
- Completes citizens' requests submitted via email, mobile app,
online web form, text messaging, and chat sessions. Reviews all
entries for accuracy.
- Responds to customer phone and electronic inquiries in a
prompt, courteous and concise manner.
- Analyzes customers' needs and determines the most effective
method of achieving customer delight.
- Provides proactive support to a variety of internal and
external customers concerning a broad base of city issues,
projects, services, and customer concerns.
- Researches and resolves customer inquiries using a variety of
computer software, to include an automated computer tracking system
and Microsoft Office software.
- Types detailed and accurate information, while also maintaining
clear and organized records.
- Assists with standard and routine contact center duties, such
as database updates, survey transcriptions, special projects,
committee responsibilities, or other related tasks.
- Partners with other City departments to resolve customer
complaints and follows up with responsible parties.
- Fosters effective relationships with internal and external
- Collects citizen feedback through customer service
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or successful completion of a GED; some
college coursework is highly desirable. Requires one (1) year of
experience in customer service to include direct customer contact,
problem identification and resolution. Requires ability to
efficiently use a personal computer and other office equipment to
complete tasks. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
preferred. A skills-based assessment will be required.
Effective oral and written communication is essential, including
the ability to speak clearly and precisely. Must demonstrate
ownership of each customer's request and say "no" when necessary
with empathy and explanation as required. Must be a self-starter,
flexible, tactful, persistent, a good problem solver, and able to
see the big picture while focusing on individual customer needs.
Requires independent judgment, attention to detail and good follow
Must successfully pass pre-employment testing for alcohol and
controlled substances. Must successfully pass a background check
related to this position.
Performs duties under the general supervision of the 311 Contact
Center Supervisor or designee. Requires the ability to work a
flexible schedule to include working days, evenings, weekends, and
some holidays. May require working beyond a standard 40-hour work
week. Requires extensive contact with the general public and other
City employees. This position is considered essential personnel for
purposes of crisis management to include being "on call" or
responding to emergency situations during inclement weather and/or
other job-related conditions. This position is non-exempt.
Keywords: City of Hampton, VA, Hampton , Citizen Services Advocate I - PFT, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!