Licensed Counselor (Join our growing team) - School Based
Company: New Story Schools
Posted on: September 13, 2021
New Story School is a private licensed academic
school that provides special education support for children up to
the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or
emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams
collaborate with families, school districts and community partners
to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new
stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement,
generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School is seeking a
Licensed Counselor to provide therapeutic support
to Rivermont students. The Licensed Counselor ensures that there is
appropriate therapeutic design within all student programming. This
position is for our "Hampton" school location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizes parent/family participation activities
- Collaborates and coordinates with parents and other agencies to
increase quality of services.
- Responsible for PBIS (positive behavior interventions and
support) planning process oversight
- Assists in the collection of quality indicator data.
- Provides group and individual therapy as indicated by student
- Plans, schedules, conducts and provides guidance to others in
social skills instruction.
- Knowledgeable of principles of behavior change, supervises PBIS
meetings, monitors students PBIS plans and provides guidance and
feedback to classroom staff
- Ensures completion of initial assessment within 30 days of
- Coordinates tele-psychiatry as indicated by student need.
- Provides clinical supervision and/or monitors the licensing
process of MHC III's
Eligible New Story
School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For
more information about New Story Schools, benefits and careers
please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers.
- 5 year(s): Clinical experience in one or more of the following
environments: child and adolescent psychiatric inpatient,
residential, day hospital, outpatient or educational. Theoretical
backgrounds in child and adolescent normal development, abnormal
development, therapeutic interventions for individual, family and
- Masters or better in Social Work or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Lic Clin SW
- Licensed Prof. Counselor
Keywords: New Story Schools, Hampton , Licensed Counselor (Join our growing team) - School Based, Other , Mathews, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!