Fishing Pier Services Associate
Company: City of Hampton, VA
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Performs routine work in the areas of pier operations, concessions,
customer service and maintenance duties at the James T. Wilson
Examples of Work
* Provides customer service and concession sales to patrons at
James T. Wilson Fishing Pier.
* Handles cash and follows all City cash handling policies and
* Assists in the kitchen operation and food preparation, to ensure
* Performs daily inspections of food inventory and storage
facilities to ensure facilities are maintained in an attractive and
sanitary manner in accordance with health code requirements and
* Assists in conducting programs and/or activities for pier
visitors, schools, civic groups and other organizations. Assists in
fishing interpretive programming.
* Educates patrons on the Virginia Marine Resources (VMRC)
Saltwater Recreation Fishing regulations and provides information
about pier operations, programs, and tourism.
* Notifies supervisor of hazardous or dangerous situations,
objects, places or persons.
* Performs routine maintenance of office and storage areas,
restrooms, parking lots, fishing pier and other related areas.
* Cross trains into several functional areas based on a training
plan. Cross training may involve on the job training, in house
classes, and outside courses and seminars.
* May be required to work other areas within the PRLS
* Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance.
* Performs other related duties as required.
Graduation from high school or successful completion of GED
preferred. Requires a minimum of one year of customer service
experience. One year of experience in, cash handling, food service
and/or maintenance preferred. Some knowledge of saltwater fishing
Requires basic computer skills and the ability to perform basic
math and measurement calculations. Ability to use point of sale
equipment. Must be able to 'make change' quickly and efficiently
without the use of a calculator or cash register. Ability to
understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to
meet the public and demonstrate exceptional customer service
skills; ability to foster effective public relations with diverse
populations; ability to establish and maintain harmonious working
relationships with co-workers. Any acceptable combination of
experience and education which qualifies the applicant for this
particular position may be considered for the more specific
requirement outlined above.
Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license and must have
and maintain a satisfactory driver's record based on the City of
Hampton criteria. Must successfully pass pre-employment testing for
alcohol and controlled substances. Must successfully pass a
background check related to this position.
Performs duties under the general supervision of the Pier Manager
or designee. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and
must be able to lift at least 25 pounds. Ability to communicate
effectively, both orally and in writing. Frequent contact with the
general public. Duties are performed indoors and outdoors in a
varied weather conditions, sometimes in hazardous locations.
Requires shift work and working nights, weekends and holidays. This
position is non-exempt.
Keywords: City of Hampton, VA, Hampton , Fishing Pier Services Associate, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!