Public Space Attendant
Company: The Tides Inn
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Position Title: Public Area/Houseperson
Reports To: Director of Housekeeping
Date Updated: March 1, 2021
FSLA Status: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Constantly and consistently exhibit The Tides Inn mission values
and standards of behavior including adherence to the Forbes
* Ensure exceptional cleanliness of all public areas including
hallways, foyers, lobbies, restrooms, elevators, stairwells,
entryways, dining areas and other spaces where guests may
* Empty trash containers and collect obvious trash materials and
remove from area.
* In restrooms - clean bathroom sink and vanity area and refresh
and straighten up amenities and sundries, as necessary.
* Clean commodes and replace toilet tissue, as necessary.
* Vacuum all carpeted areas as scheduled keeping nearby guest
activity in mind. Make every effort to avoid disrupting the guest
experience when in public spaces.
* Sweep, mop and/or polish hard surface floors as scheduled,
ensuring proper signage alerting guests and fellow associates of
potential slip or other safety hazards.
* Clean glass and mirrored surfaces as scheduled and as
* Dust all hard surfaces including furniture, picture frames, and
other items that are part of the regular d--cor of the
* Affirmatively and pro-actively engage guests in hallways with
friendly and pleasant greeting and appropriate conversation if
* Remove dirty linens and replace with clean; assist Room
Attendants with any other items as directed by Director of
* Ask guests if there are any other needs you may assist with and
provide a warm farewell.
* May be required to provide additional cleaning and general
housekeeping services during periods of higher-than-normal
occupancy, holidays, or special events as well as during periodic
* Ensure that daily reports, logs and other required reporting is
completed, and pertinent information is accurately documented and
passed on to the housekeeping management.
* Maintain room number confidentiality and key control.
* Other reasonable requests by guests.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: None HS Diploma or GED College Degree
Certifications/Licenses : May not have any misdemeanor or felony
Past Work Experience: Prior hotel or equivalent level guest service
Previous housekeeping experience strongly preferred.
Communication: Ability to engage in friendly, polite
Must speak clearly and understandably.
Environment: Position requires performance of duties primarily
indoors but may require occasional work outdoors with exposure to
inclement weather and hot and cold temperatures.
Requires use of cleaning solutions that require the following of
specific handling practices and which may omit odor.
Body Mechanics: Position requires constant standing and walking as
well as significant stooping, bending, reaching pushing and
pulling. Requires regular lifting of 10 pounds or more and may
require occasional lifting of 20 pounds or more.
Keywords: The Tides Inn, Hampton , Public Space Attendant, Other , Irvington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!