Elementary & Secondary Intervention (Math, Science, English, History) - In Person
Company: University Instructors
Posted on: June 25, 2022
University Instructors is seeking face-to-face high school
teachers and tutors to support our students within the Norfolk
Public Schools District . The tutor will be responsible for
providing exceptional instruction, student mentorship and subject
matter expertise in: 3-12th Grade subjects.Subjects:
- ScienceHistoryStart Date: ASAPCompensation: $28-35 per
- Familiarity with learning platforms and course content,
structure, and style within multiple subjects (math, science,
- Engage with students in a friendly and professional manner
requesting information about the course, activity, and/or specific
content so they can quickly serve the student s needs.
- Respond to student questions in a positive, supportive manner,
giving as detailed explanations as possible.
- Guide the student through content and/or process without
answering the question for them.
- Be vigilant to signs that the student is asking for help on
assessment (quizzes and test) questions and setting the expectation
with students that tutors will not confirm answers but can help
clarify what the assessment questions is asking, provide parallel
problems, or guide the student back to course content.
- Redirect students to their teacher (when applicable) for
questions relating to their specific course.
- Seek guidance from the advisors/program manager by escalating
content questions and sharing chat transcripts for evaluation and
- Other duties as assignedQualificationsJob Qualifications and
- Adheres to the professional teaching obligations and be a
subject matter expert.
- Fosters a positive and motivating environment for
- Provide student feedback in a manner that supports
- Actively listens and delivers information in a clear,
compelling and concise manner.
- Attention to detail when typing with minimal spelling,
punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Ability to multitask between multiple students and
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be local to the Hampton Roads area.Education and/or
- Minimum of a Bachelor s Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience working in education
Associated topics: biology, biosphere, fibroblast, neurochemistry,
neurology, physical science, physics, precalculus, statistical,
Keywords: University Instructors, Hampton , Elementary & Secondary Intervention (Math, Science, English, History) - In Person, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!