Facility Systems Shop Foreman
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Location: VA Hampton JBLE - Hampton, VA 23665 US (Primary)
Category: Installation Maintenance and Repair
Job Type: Full-time
Education: High School / GED
Security Clearance Required: None
POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS): The Facility Systems Shop Forman will serve
as theSupervisor of Electrical Shop, Power Production and Fire
Alarm Shop responsible for the effective management and supervision
of assigned employees, tools, equipment and other resources in the
accomplishment of contract requirements for repair and maintenance
of for the production, distribution, or utilization of electrical
energy, Fire Alarm systems.
- Supervises work schedules, requirements and personnel resources
to ensure contract requirements are properly met. Ensures employee
compliance with safety, security, property and material management,
time and attendance.
- Shall be responsible for PM scheduling, PM balancing,
Preventative Maintenance Task List (PMLT), labor and material cost,
and work task information submitted within NexGen IT.
- Assist in facility inventory and condition assessments by
conducting walk-through surveys, interviewing the facility manager,
and reviewing existing data such as existing BUILDER--- SMS
inventory and condition data, completed and programmed project
data, service calls, and floor plans.
- Accomplishes work in accordance with authorized Work Orders and
contract requirements for response and performance. Completes Work
Order feedback in accordance with established procedures.
- Inspects work in progress and completed work to ensure
accomplishment in most effective and efficient manner. Interfaces
with other shops, customers and Government representatives as
required achieving maximum productivity and reduction of lost time.
Monitors work to ensure control of: costs, including minimization
of overtime/lost time and effective use of tools, equipment and
materials; scope, including the documentation of changes to support
job amendments; and quality of work performed.
- Keeps assigned Department Superintendent informed of problems
and unique warranting management notification.
- Insures that plans, blueprints, materials, and equipment are
obtained from supply locations. Coordinates work with other
involved departments and request assistance when required.
- Seeks constantly to improve service to the customer at reduced
cost. Makes suggestions related to use of improved procedures,
methods, technology, tools and equipment, and human resources to
achieve improved productivity, quality and cost performance.
- Maintains records of inspections, repairs and recurring
- Controls tools, equipment, materials and vehicles to ensure
inventory control, effective utilization, safe and proper
operation, cleanliness, and cost effectiveness. Turns in excess,
damaged or unserviceable items in accordance with current
- Keeps current on procedures, policies, instructions, technical
orders, and manufacturer's manuals. Guidelines include those
established by the supervisor, manufacture's handbooks, the
National Electric Code, and engineering handbooks appropriate to
the trade. Conducts on-the-job training.
- Follows established safety procedures and utilizes safety
protective equipment and clothing that pertains to particular
trades or skills. May be required to climb poles using safety
- Ensures that employees are aware of and adhere to standard
- Resolves disciplinary problems and refers the more serious
problems to the Assigned Department Superintendent with a detailed
- Performs other related duties as assigned. REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Seven to ten years' experience in electrical maintenance in
both low voltage and high voltage systems.
- Minimum 5 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated
abilities in effectively supervising assigned resources (equipment,
material and personnel) and operations' work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of national electrical codes.
- Current state driver's license, acceptable driving record, and
proof of valid insurance.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain
required security clearances.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and
courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Basics skills in using various computer software, including
ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common
office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must
be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in operation and maintenance services supporting a
military base or civilian installation.
- Military experience.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure
codes and standards, as applicable.
- Experience working on Tinker facilities. PI190965826
Keywords: Alutiiq, Hampton , Facility Systems Shop Foreman, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!