Building Inspector - Builder
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Location: VA Hampton JBLE - Hampton, VA 23665 US (Primary)
Category: Installation Maintenance and Repair
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Security Clearance Required: None
POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS): Alutiiq Commercial Enterprises has an
exciting opportunity supporting the U.S. Airforce at Joint Base
Langley - Eustis (JBLE) located in the Hampton/Newport News, VA
The Builder Inspector - Builder is responsible for facility
Inventory and Condition Assessment inspections in buildings on a
large military installation complex. The inventory and condition
assessments will be conducted on all building components and
systems to include structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing,
fire protection, and electrical. The installation complex consists
of various building types to include offices, dormitories, lodging,
warehouses, maintenance structures, dining facilities, aircraft
hangars, museums, as well as some specialized facilities such as
central plants, fleet garages, and historical buildings. Manage the
resources to execute the annual client inventory and assessment
deliverable requirements totaling approximately 1 million square
- Update the inventory and condition assessment data in the
BUILDER--- Sustainment Management System (SMS), a web-based
software application developed by the U.S. Army Construction
Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL)
- Conduct facility inventory and condition assessments by
conducting walk-through surveys, interviewing the facility manager,
and reviewing existing data such as existing BUILDER--- SMS
inventory and condition data, completed and programmed project
data, service calls, and floor plans.
- Interact with client and other facilities management staff to
obtain necessary information (drawings, studies, maintenance logs,
service calls, etc.) to aid in the facility inventories and
- Interview the facility point of contact to determine existing
issue and problems
- Use professional expertise and judgment to determine physical
condition and conformance with specifications and building
- Download the existing on-line BUILDER--- SMS inventory and
condition data and images to the BUILDER Remote Entry Database
(BRED) program for off-line updates.
- Update the existing BUILDER--- SMS inventory and condition data
and images both in the on-line BUILDER--- SMS database and the
off-line BRED program, as necessary.
- Upload updated BRED inventory, condition, and images data to
the on-line BUILDER--- SMS.
- Run various MS excel reports on the BUILDER--- SMS inventory
and condition data, manipulate spreadsheet data, and conduct
analyses as necessary to evaluate data gaps and issues.
- Use digital camera to document all building and equipment
inventory and providing justification for determination of the
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments in the field using
BUILDER--- SMS inventory and condition data printed reports and/or
an electronic tablet.
- Determine linear facility measurements using a laser measuring
device or a measuring wheel.
- Conduct mathematical calculations as necessary to determine
component inventory area measurements or total linear footage.
- Annotate inventory quantities and findings on facility floor
plans as necessary.
- Physically place barcodes on various types of building
equipment; chillers, boilers, electrical panels, etc.
- Maintain accurate written and data entry computer records for
the building inventory, condition, and images.
- Provide guidance to other unit personnel on providing data when
facility or equipment changes have been made.
- Quantify and describe the building or facility being assessed
and note inventory items and deficiencies.
- Attends meetings at client's request or as required, related to
facility inventory and condition assessment projects.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree, technical school or equivalent experience in
Engineering, Architecture, Construction, HVAC, Electrical or
Facilities Management. 3+ years performing facility inventories and
condition assessments. 3+ years using facility inventory and
condition assessment software such as SMS. Experience in BUILDER
SMS preferred. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and data
capture assessment software. Thorough knowledge of bldg.
construction, materials and maintenance procedures
- Pursuant to the Government Contract, you must be a U.S.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, federal and state safety and
environmental regulations, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions,
correspondence, and memos. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers/employees and in a class room environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply
concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to interpret and
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. PI191800810
Keywords: Alutiiq, Hampton , Building Inspector - Builder, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!