Veterans Preferred - Echo Technologist
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - We're unique. You
should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Ultrasound Technologist is a certified medical professional
responsible for helping doctors and other health professionals
diagnose patients' ailments through the operation of special
equipment that uses high-frequency sound waves to record images of
internal organs. The incumbent in this role works directly with
patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in
a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level
of quality healthcare to all patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed and proper
methods of ultrasound techniques.
- Generates and produce diagnostic imaging using two-dimensional
imaging, spectral and color flow Doppler as well as any other
available imaging techniques.
- Echocardiography/Cardiac Ultrasound
- Vascular Ultrasound
- General Ultrasound
- Selects proper transducer and adjustment of equipment according
to the needs required for proper diagnostic testing (subject
organ(s) to be examined, depth of field, etc.) along with other
requirements for proper and productive testing.
- Explains the procedures to patients and address their
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to
maintain record of test results.
- Generates detailed preliminary reports of findings.
- Communicates STAT findings as detailed in organizational
- Consents patients as needed and ensures documents are
transferred to patient's medical records.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or
- Maintains equipment according to manufacturer's requirements
and industry standards, at least once a month.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate the
utilization of computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in
performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Influences and create SOPs for Ultrasound best practices.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast
- Assists with transporting patients to and from room.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Travels to different office locations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and/or regionally up
to 40% of the time
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Graduate of an accredited school in Ultrasound technology
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field preferred
- Six (6) months of experience post internship/externship
- Two (2) or more years of experience post internship/externship
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography (RDCS) or Registered
Cardiac Sonography (RCS) required to perform Echo cardiograms
- Must be registered in specific ultrasound modality they
perform, e.g. vascular, general
Keywords: ChenMed, Hampton , Veterans Preferred - Echo Technologist, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!